Wyckoff Heights Medical Center - NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr.smurf

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who is thinking of going to this hospital for 3rd year rotations and asked me what I knew about it. Unfortunately I dont...does anyone out there know anything about Wyckoff Heights in Brooklyn??

Thanks alot...

Members don't see this ad.

i heard everything except peds is pretty sucky... there are about 200 students there from diff schools...
go to maimo if your from ross or st george and you have the option

I used to work there. I feel like anyplace where you don't feel comfortable being admitted in case of an emergency is a bad place to work. Although I would agree with the above poster saying peds is decent and I would add family practice too, so go for those rotations. They have a bad rep in the hospitals but working with them in the outpatient setting, I would say they are superior to the IM outpatient service. I heard so many rumors about poor clinical performance while I worked there it is scary. And if you are a woman, beware. Sexual harrassment is the rampant. It is tolerated b/c it happens from the top down in the administration.

Members don't see this ad :)
The place is a ****hole. Patients don't even speak a word of english and the work atmosphere is malignant. I'm so glad I will never set foot in that hellhole again!

drlee said:
The place is a ****hole. Patients don't even speak a word of english and the work atmosphere is malignant. I'm so glad I will never set foot in that hellhole again!
I second that :(

OMG, why is this place so bad?? I'm scheduled to do a rotation there in April. Can anyone be more specific as to why the clerkships are no good there??

This place isn't bad at all. The place is great and you may practice in CA or TX if you wish to with all the rotations there. You have the choice to take on a heavy load or go light and less stressful. If you do what you should ie, dress properly, do your work, be respectful and show up on time you will get A's.
The facility is beautiful and new. No one will mess with you if you don't deserve it.

If anyone else has any opinions on this place, please share.