Wyckoff GPR - reviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drindia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Could anyone tell me about Wyckoff GPR? How good is the program? How much endo and OS experience will the residents get? And any other reviews.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I did GPR here years ago, so it may not be the same.
It's not the best however not the worst program in the city(program to AVOID: INTERFAITH). Calls are 1-2(maybe 3) times/month depending on how many residents you get.
In terms of endo, you get 1 day/wk endo day- 1 hr/patient but you will always get behind because you are new and won't finish setup+check med hx+local anesthesia+rubber dam+ access the canal+do some part(WL/instrumenting/obturation)+temporize+give new appointment in 1 hour(plus front desk will always squeeze in someone just to make more money for the program). If you do 2nd year, you'll have more flexibility and do more but why stay here if you can practice elsewhere? You will do TONS of pulpotomy/pulpectomy because there is a never-ending flow of emergencies
as for OS, you'll get a decent experience: If you want to work more, attendings will gladly assign more extraction patients to you. Also, If you want to wake up early(7:30 am cases) and observe OS OR cases on some Tuesdays/Thursdays, just ask the anesthesia/OS attendings and they will gladly help you with shadowing the cases(although NO ONE ever asked about it)
I think the best thing about this program is that there are MANY HOLIDAYS/days off thanks to the union and you get a bit more salary than other NY GPR Programs
If you want heavier experience in OS, I recommend Kings County(from what I heard much heavier workload and much more calls) or any program that is trauma I center
If you want heavier experience in Endo, I recommend Montefiore or Brooklyn Hospital Center(not always true but I have heard some residents do at least 1 molar endo/day)

Reactions: 1 user