Technology WWDC Rumor Mill 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Myuu

例えば、貴方の名前を忘れてしまうとか。 。。
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised there wasn't one of these running around already!

What do you expect from this year's Notquitestevenote?

I want a $99 iPhone, but I don't think it's too likely...

Members don't see this ad.

I love this thread. :D

I don't even care about anything much except for when I'm going to get my upgraded software so I can type landscape!!!! Grrrrrrr!

I love this thread. :D

I don't even care about anything much except for when I'm going to get my upgraded software so I can type landscape!!!! Grrrrrrr!

Supposedly, you'll also get copy/paste, limited background services, and MMS.:thumbup:

There are crazy (and crazier) rumors going around that they may introduce a touchscreen tablet.

I'll take my processor upgrades and run, though.;)

Members don't see this ad :)
They also said no Intel and look what happened.

He also said nobody would want to watch videos on an iPod too.

As for what I want from an iPhone, a cheaper monthly plan would be nice. Many of the features listed earlier in this thread are happening and already have been incorporated into the OS 3.0 beta.

I'd like to see a bit more differentiation between the iPod Touch and iPhone as paying for the data plan of an iPhone makes the two devices widely differentiated in price only.

Perhaps the addition of video, better camera quality (not that I really care about either but it would be nice), better render time in Safari (faster CPU and more RAM), and better speeds from AT&T.

Unibody Macbook spec bumps, or price drop (yeah, right!:laugh:)

Either way, I'm getting a brand spankin new macbook Tues. morning -- Before the store opens :)

Didn't know this, but you can make a personal shopping appointment at the store before it even opens -- That is just WAY COOL:love:
No lines, no crowds, I'll have the Apple dude's attention for an hour

Unibody Macbook spec bumps, or price drop (yeah, right!:laugh:)

Either way, I'm getting a brand spankin new macbook Tues. morning -- Before the store opens :)

Didn't know this, but you can make a personal shopping appointment at the store before it even opens -- That is just WAY COOL:love:
No lines, no crowds, I'll have the Apple dude's attention for an hour

Nice! Case's IT department is holding off on Mac orders until after the keynote just in case. They're so nice to us.:cool:

Nice! Case's IT department is holding off on Mac orders until after the keynote just in case. They're so nice to us.:cool:

It's a good thing they waited. The Aluminum Macbooks no longer exist. They are now a part of the MBP family with upgraded specs (F800, SD card slot, CPU bump, new LCD panel) and lower prices.

Members don't see this ad :)
June 17th 3.0 and new iPhone June 19th. :) iPhone Video, faster components, video editing, faster 3G 7.2Mbps HSDPA, better camera, autofocus, compass, better battery life. iPhone 3G 8GB available for $99. iPhone 3GS 16GB $199 and 32GB $299.

I'll wait to get it until the 24th because my Step 1 is the 23rd. Good timing Apple.

Last edited:
June 17th 3.0 and new iPhone. :) iPhone Video, faster components, video editing, faster 3G 7.2Mbps HSDPA, better camera, autofocus, compass, better battery life. iPhone 3G 8GB available for $99. iPhone 3GS 16GB $199 and 32GB $299.

I'll wait to get it until the 24th because my Step 1 is the 23rd. Good timing Apple.

Life is good. Congrats to all on a very productive Notquitestevenote.:thumbup::D

Going to the Apple Store for education online shows me that the new "Macbook Pro" is $100 off from $1199 to $1099. Not only is that $100 cheaper than the previous Macbook that retailed for $1299 but the education discount is back down to its normal $100 off rather than the measly $50 off we got before. All in all, it is a bump and $150 cheaper for students.

It definitely makes the decision between the White Macbook for $949 and the "Macbook Pro" for $1099 that much easier. $150 difference is tiny for what you are getting. Though now the decision is whether or not the $300 extra for the "Macbook Pro" is worth it to get 2.53GHz, 4GB RAM standard, and a 250GB HDD for $1399 vs. the 2.26GHz, 2GB, and 160GB in the $1099 model.

It's also interesting that for $100 more than the 13" 2.53GHz Macbook Pro you can get the 15" 2.53GHz Macbook Pro but the only difference between the machines is the screen size, resolution, and weight. So if you need the 15.4" you can do it affordably. Unfortunately, the low end 15.4" model only uses the 9400M.

Other odd thing is that the 17" MBP says that it has an 8 hour battery vs. the others that all have a 7 hour battery. Since they all are using the same technology perhaps they can just fit a larger battery into the 17".

Here is a good comparison chart of all of the new models.

Last edited:
Also, Snow Leopard will be released in September. Any computer you buy now will get you the upgrade for $10. For anyone running Leopard the upgrade will be $29.

Also, Snow Leopard will be released in September. Any computer you buy now will get you the upgrade for $10. For anyone running Leopard the upgrade will be $29.

Pretty sweet!:thumbup:

Thank you, Sweet Baby Jesus!
I've been waiting for an upgrade for the past month. I had no idea it would be soooo GREAT.
PRICE DROPS :D

Hopefully, they'll have it in stock tomorrow

Good thing I waited. Great time to buy a new macbook pro!

Just ordered my 3GS. Picking it up on the 19th.

I held onto my 2G for as long as possible. Its time to let it go.

Yeah I tried to order it right after the keynote was finished but I felt as if Apple was actually building the site while I was ordering (errors and such). Couple hours later its all gravy.

The iPhone 3G users paid for a subsidized hardware price. Of course they don't get the same cost of someone with a new contract. AT&T has said that they have to wait 18 months after their purchase to be eligible for the upgrade pricing. So that means 7 months from now. The other option is selling the phone despite the cancelation fee.

I can understand the desire to have the latest and greatest, but the 3G and 3GS are not that different. What happened to people using something until it no longer meets their needs? I don't see what all the uproar is about. People need to spend their money more wisely.

The iPhone 3G users paid for a subsidized hardware price. Of course they don't get the same cost of someone with a new contract. AT&T has said that they have to wait 18 months after their purchase to be eligible for the upgrade pricing. So that means 7 months from now. The other option is selling the phone despite the cancelation fee.

I can understand the desire to have the latest and greatest, but the 3G and 3GS are not that different. What happened to people using something until it no longer meets their needs? I don't see what all the uproar is about. People need to spend their money more wisely.

It's true! The 3GS is awfully tempting... but only because I do not currently own an iPhone.

I refuse to pay 40+$/month for teh data plan. Anyone know if its possible to get the iPhone without being shafted into it? I have AT&T and its gonna be upgrade time soon.

I have no problem limiting my internet use to when theres wifi around.

I'm not interested in an ipod touch because I like the ipod classic better for music.

Edit: **** THIS

For non-qualified customers, including existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an iPhone 3G, the price with a new two-year agreement is $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB).

I refuse to pay 40+$/month for teh data plan. Anyone know if its possible to get the iPhone without being shafted into it? I have AT&T and its gonna be upgrade time soon.

I have no problem limiting my internet use to when theres wifi around.

I'm not interested in an ipod touch because I like the ipod classic better for music.

Edit: **** THIS

Pretty sure there's no way out of the data plan anyway. Maybe if you have a jailbroken one or something...I dunno.

I came across a link after purchasing already from Apple. Bing.com (Microsoft live.com revamped) now has 35% cash back when you go through their search and purchase a new phone from att.com as a new customer. Just go to bing.comp and sign up. Next, type in "att wireless" in the search box and click the top link that says get 35% cash back. Then go through and pre-order your phone or the older 3G if you'd like.

Needless to say after finding this I canceled my order from Apple and ordered from AT&T's site. I also threw in Applecare for good measure as it is also included in the 35% cash back (if I read it correctly). That makes it comparable to the pricing on ebay and obviously there is no risk for fraud vs. ebay.

People have gotten emails and posted screenshots of their email from bing saying that the cash back is pending after buying the new 3GS from AT&T so it seems to be legitimate.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/930265/?start=0

http://www.bing.com/cashback/

Bing to AT&T for the iPhone is legit for new customers. I pre-ordered the 16GB black 3GS and got my confirmation email from bing for the 35% cash back. I ordered Applecare with the phone because I figured I might as well when I'm getting 35% back coming to $93.80.

My screenshot