WW Necromancers Sign Ups

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The funny thing was, it was actually really fair- if people would have just realized that RM and DVMD had the same, supposedly accurate power but different results, she'd have been toast. Same goes for me- I pulled some teeth out on night 1, then claimed to have a completely different power. Thankfully, the village let that slide, or else Jil, myself, FFM, and DocE would have been dust. And that would have been game- the only "real" wolves were myself and DVMD, while any other wolves sinply died with us.
I noticed the first but was already dead. The second I completely forgot about - wish I had remembered Gwen's nonsense talk. That completely left my brain after day 2.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the game modgods :) I had fun creating spreadsheets that weren't useful at all :laugh:

@StartingoverVet Your theory about the votes was sort of right! DocE hadn't gotten any votes at that point and he was a wolf :p
SOV was repeatedly correct. Probably a good part of why DocE reauested we let him live and make him watch as the villagers floundered helplessly around him.

Reactions: 1 users
There was a lot of noise to get through though. A little too much, in my personal opinion. That level of misinformation floating around is really easy for the wolves to hide behind. Of course if people had more time it might have been different. But that kind of design in an environment where almost every vote is a bandwagon because many people don't have time to sift through the nonsense...I mean, you guys somehow got away with vouching for each other. When does that ever happen?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well that was incredibly frustrating. I've now been on both sides and have to say it's way more fun as a wolf!

I had noticed RM and DVMD were claiming the same role yesterday...had I not been out celebrating the end of midterms last night I probably would have said something.

Too much misinformation and three unkillable wolves? Even without all the chaos, that would have been excessive.
The wolves weren't unkillable, and were technically a wash- a villager was brought back for each wolf. I was voted on a couple of times, and it was like, fuuuuu, there goes all the wolves except DVMD... I was really worried someone would bring up my prior tooth pulling and that would be that. In fact, before I killed and converted him, DocE was going to lynch me lol. He knew something was up.

Also, DVMD and I were completely seerable- we were one result away from being in the ground.

The wolves weren't unkillable, and were technically a wash- a villager was brought back for each wolf. I was voted on a couple of times, and it was like, fuuuuu, there goes all the wolves except DVMD... I was really worried someone would bring up my prior tooth pulling and that would be that. In fact, before I killed and converted him, DocE was going to lynch me lol. He knew something was up.

Also, DVMD and I were completely seerable- we were one result away from being in the ground.
Things always seem more dire than they are when you're a wolf, because you have (more) complete information.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought I was dead recently when RM mentioned there were now 5 wolves and I was the most recent rez, but no one seemed to pick up on that.
Before I died I could technically accurately affiliation seer. I could "block evil" which meant if I blocked a wolf, I would be told my block was successful, if I blocked a villager, it would be unsuccessful. Unfortunately right after I figured that out I trusted the wrong person (MJ). I really wanted to use the cups and string to talk to WZ, but she was dead.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh man I should have known that power was faulty.. I'm an idiot! I never went back to check, I kind of stopped caring about our results since I had no idea what to trust.

Can we get a full list of roles/abilities and what actually worked or not? I'm just curious. Also how did your numbering system in the beginning work?

I'm surprised we did so well. Really though, DocE was the heart of the operation- I picked him immediately for a reason.
Yeah, things probably would have been different without him. I know in my case at least, it was very difficult to get past the fact that he and FFM were rezzed at the same time but by seemingly different methods. And then with lupin and Cyndia backing him up...very tough to not think he was a villager, at least for me.

I realized a day or two after I died the second time that we shouldn't have dropped the thing about PBC balancing the resurrections when hedgie came back villager - we had just been looking at it the wrong way, starting with the assumption that DocE was a villager. If we had dropped that assumption, it would have made a lot more sense, PBC bringing me and hedgie back to balance out the two wolf resurrections of FFM and DocE.

DVMD trusted me, Jil trusted me, you trusted me, RM trusted me... It was beautiful.

I never trusted you. I gambled the second day with my FFM results and PMd you. My plan was to investigate you the following night, but then I became a wolf. I never PM someone without investigating first like that unless I have info to get out. Then I'll take a random chance.

She rezzed you? I thought the wolves did that.
Which is another thing - I'm curious about the mechanic of the wolves getting another conversion this late in the game, when none of them had been lynched or anything. And if it was PBC, the "balancing" aspect of her role doesn't seem very balanced. 3 wolves to match 3 villagers would be the logic I guess, but the wolf:villager ratio isn't 1:1 to begin with.

SOV was repeatedly correct. Probably a good part of why DocE reauested we let him live and make him watch as the villagers floundered helplessly around him.

Yea. I more or less stated SOV is not to be touched (though we still tried a bit) once you became very "correct". I wanted you to continue to be right and just be unable to convince anyone as we eliminated anyone who agreed witg you. But you? You should be rewarded for being right and should live to the end

DVMD trusted me, Jil trusted me, you trusted me, RM trusted me... It was beautiful.

I was going to have you lynched when I died. But then I saw I was a wolf and who the wolf leader was and was like. Crap.... how do I muddy the water all game on a player I suspected on day 2?

So I did exactly that. Used my ability t ok talk to more people than the average player to corrall them always towards useless info and politely massage MJ and DVMD above suspicion

Btw. I am terribly sad. I kept checking for pending closure all night. Wanted my last post to be

"Lynch DocE
At least my wolf hunter reputation will be intact as I am the only person all game to vote for this wolf"

I'm honestly glad I wasn't a villager this game. Way too many roles giving crap info. It was too much. One or two of those is ok, but over two and it is going a bit overboard in my opinion.

Otherwise, I had fun for how little I was able to pay attention. I was really wanting MJ to be lynched so I could recruit my own wolf team, but didn't happen. I was pretty much on standby all game.

Fun tidbit - I didn't know what my number choice was for, but I figured I was choosing a player for something based on the number range. I chose 1 because I was first on the roster. No such luck for me :(

MJ and DocE being wolves, no surprise.

Well played to @DVMDream . You definitely got me. I was pretty willing to believe information only about you for some reason, and you pulled my emotional strings. Just remember, you can only do that once. Next time my mind is going straight to "lynch that b*tch, don't believe her sad story". I think you have made up for star wars now.

I am really surprised cyndia was a villager though. I just kind of assumed she and docE made up that whole cleared thing, and offed Lupin to cover up. Oh well.

Thanks for keeping me alive.

BTW, if you attacked me again I WOULD HAVE DIED, and the attacker would have lost the ability to kill. I didn't trust ANYONE enough to let that out at least.

Good job guys. It was entertaining at least.

Thanks @SummerTheLynx and @brightimpressio .

I never trusted you. I gambled the second day with my FFM results and PMd you. My plan was to investigate you the following night, but then I became a wolf. I never PM someone without investigating first like that unless I have info to get out. Then I'll take a random chance.

Heh, welcome to my world. The only non wolf I started with was killed due to mod induced bad info.

Well played to @DVMDream . You definitely got me. I was pretty willing to believe information only about you for some reason, and you pulled my emotional strings. Just remember, you can only do that once. Next time my mind is going straight to "lynch that b*tch, don't believe her sad story". I think you have made up for star wars now.

Honestly, I wouldn't have done anything different as a villager and actually would have removed myself from the game with how busy I was. But since I was a wolf, I stuck with it and kept playing. But it by far wasn't good play. I'm surprised no one said anything when you stated I'd been cleared twice. I'm surprised no one caught my BS info that didn't match with RM's.

I really played quite poorly. I didn't have the time to put into the game. So everything I said to you in PM was honest minus being a villager that can ask questions.

The funny thing was, it was actually really fair- if people would have just realized that RM and DVMD had the same, supposedly accurate power but different results, she'd have been toast. Same goes for me- I pulled some teeth out on night 1, then claimed to have a completely different power. Thankfully, the village let that slide, or else Jil, myself, FFM, and DocE would have been dust. And that would have been game- the only "real" wolves were myself and DVMD, while any other wolves sinply died with us.
You would have all been dust if you hadn't kilt me that night. I was on to both you and Doc. :p

You would have all been dust if you hadn't kilt me that night. I was on to both you and Doc. :p

So for a few days I was saying that I had cyndia and you under control and that at some point you'd probably smarten up and we'd have to kill cyndia to send you into a defensive "they're coming for us" point.

But then out of the blue one day you just became in tune. You smartened up too quick and all at once. You didn't even mention suspecting me, but you suddenly became persistent on DVMD and MJ. So I changed the plan from kill cyndia to kill you.

Irony of it all.... the move sent cyndia into an amazing defensive spiral that I had originally planned to send you on.

The wolves were a bunch of magnificent bastards this game. Let's recall, for everyone who said they suspected me, the answer is either "not enough or not early enough, clearly". I had one lynch vote for me all game. It was from MJ on the last night. You got killed off right as you all started looking smart. And really, FFM was outed right away and DVMD definitely contributed but was awol for half of it. This is MJ and I for most of the game.

DVMD definitely contributed but was awol for half of it. This is MJ and I for most of the game.

Yup, I really was awol.

I even asked DocE and MJ (of all people) to help me with my BS "list" of things I had asked the mods. And of course, they managed to mess it up.... :p

Thankfully, the villagers weren't paying attention and didn't catch the stupid error and mismatch between my info and RM's.

So for a few days I was saying that I had cyndia and you under control and that at some point you'd probably smarten up and we'd have to kill cyndia to send you into a defensive "they're coming for us" point.

But then out of the blue one day you just became in tune. You smartened up too quick and all at once. You didn't even mention suspecting me, but you suddenly became persistent on DVMD and MJ. So I changed the plan from kill cyndia to kill you.

Irony of it all.... the move sent cyndia into an amazing defensive spiral that I had originally planned to send you on.

The wolves were a bunch of magnificent bastards this game. Let's recall, for everyone who said they suspected me, the answer is either "not enough or not early enough, clearly". I had one lynch vote for me all game. It was from MJ on the last night. You got killed off right as you all started looking smart. And really, FFM was outed right away and DVMD definitely contributed but was awol for half of it. This is MJ and I for most of the game.
As soon as you didn't want me to look into DVMD, I had an inkling you were turned, and as for becoming in tune for MJ, I just took the time to go back and read the thread. I didn't want you to know I suspected you because I wanted to keep living, so I tried to be subtle, but knew I was probably dead as soon as I wouldn't let looking into MJ go and questioning your move of Cyndia. I tried to subtly let the village know what was going on by having Sora know who I was looking into when I died, but sadly, no one caught on. I think my gameplay is still just too under the radar for our poor people that have no real time to put into reading posts. :(

I tried to subtly let the village know what was going on by having Sora know who I was looking into when I died, but sadly, no one caught on.
I got so happy when I read her post and then I got so sad when DocE was able to hand wave it away :(

I got so happy when I read her post and then I got so sad when DocE was able to hand wave it away :(
I thought perhaps someone would put it together that MJ was confirmed by me to be a dentist, and also claimed to only have one power, and yet, the very first day Gwen had to talk funny because someone took out her wisdom teeth. Then Doc would also be exposed for reaching. Cyndia also killed me by not mentioning any of this since I said it in our brother thread, and she should have also remembered that Doc was never cleared because I told him to send the mirror to WTF. He was never cleared. Also, we had all agreed her asking power was bull, so I never got why she didn't speak up when Doc kept making the same claims about being cleared. :laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
I thought perhaps someone would put it together that MJ was confirmed by me to be a dentist, and also claimed to only have one power, and yet, the very first day Gwen had to talk funny because someone took out her wisdom teeth. Then Doc would also be exposed for reaching. Cyndia also killed me by not mentioning any of this since I said it in our brother thread, and she should have also remembered that Doc was never cleared because I told him to send the mirror to WTF. He was never cleared. Also, we had all agreed her asking power was bull, so I never got why she didn't speak up when Doc kept making the same claims about being cleared. :laugh:
As per usual, you were too clever to let live.

I was also slightly worried STL might get mad at me for posting this in the brother thread, but I imagine it didn't even portray that I meant this as my brother stabbing me in the back...

I just wanted to say, I lurve youz errrrrrrkkkkkk
odw5SyG.gif

Yeah, I'm still kicking myself about that. I knew about MJ being a dentist and the power he claimed I think the day after Jilary was killed, because he contacted me, I'm assuming through the cups and string. My brain just didn't make the connection. Crucial piece of info there.
Poor Cyndia, Doc really pulled the wool over her eyes.

I put this together right after I was killed, and kicked myself for not realizing it when he told me via PM that he was the dentist. Villagers may have gotten MJ if I had realized it right away.