WVSOM Class 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scaredoflife

Eaaagglleee
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:welcome:Thought I start a class thread since the previous one created is pretty dead and not in this specific forum.

So if you are going to WVSOM Class of 2014 make a comment. We can talk about anything from rooming, to books, to life, sports, medical school anticipations, and food.

Welcome to all WVSOM students and see you all in fall. :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I'm so excited to start in the fall! I went to Lewisburg last weekend and found a place to live, so that is checked off the list :)

I'm glad you started this thread, hopefully other people participate too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, I joined the facebook group as soon as I got my acceptance, but it's fun to have more than one place to talk, seems like you can get a variety of topics that way.

Yeah facebook is not an option for me at the moment lol. But I will join in soon, Lynn have you found a cheap place to live? I will turn in my deposit soon and then the house listing should open for me.

Yeah facebook is not an option for me at the moment lol. But I will join in soon, Lynn have you found a cheap place to live? I will turn in my deposit soon and then the house listing should open for me.

Yeah, for the most part, the prices are pretty good. I found a 3 bedroom decently sized house about 4 blocks from the school for $650/mo. It going to be me and my husband, and we don't really need 3 bedrooms, but we thought the price and location were so good we took it. We were paid $870 for a 2 bedroom apartment in Indianapolis, so definitely a lot cheaper than there.

It seems like some on the list charge a lot for their place, but I think they expect people with roommates to rent and figure people would be willing to pay 300 or 350 each and charge $900, but I haven't looked at the quality of the house, so maybe it's not over charging, but definitely be aware of that when looking at the list. Also, I heard the list is on the short side now but will have a lot more listings sometime later this month.