W's on transcript and medical past

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
W

wineland2

My second semester senior year, I got very sick and had to be hospitalized. My doctors suggested that I drop out for the semester, but with graduation right around the corner, I decided to stay. With that decision made, I withdrew from two of my classes. I didn't need them from graduation and I had much make up work in them due to my illness.

Thus I have two W's on my record. My senior year no less! And one more thing, one of the classes I choose to stay with took me longer to finish (over the summer) and therefore my actual graduation date is this My. But I walked with my class last year and feel quite graduated.
wink.gif

Anyway, how do you think admissions committees will look at taking an extra year to get my degree as well as the W's on my transcript?

My grades are fine about a 3.5 gpa and I hope MCATs will be too (april 15th!!!)

Also, will medical schools search out applicants medical records? Do they have access to them beyond that I am a healthy individual? Essentially, I want to know how far medical schools can delve in order to find medical info about applicants.

Thanks for any advice

[This message has been edited by wineland2 (edited 04-07-2000).]

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry about it.

Wineland,

Med schools do not have access to your medical records. They may well ask about the W's on your transcript, but a lot of students have these for one reason or another. If you explain the reason, they're not going to hold it against you. Don't worry.