wrvu in sleep - Dr. Rack?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OklahomaFP

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
perhaps someone could comment, Dr. rack if you may know.

What is the average wrvu for sleep for 25, 50, 75, 90 percentile? Does anyone know?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Between seeing patients and reading studies I do about 6000 RVU a year. My best single month ever I did about 1000 RVU, and it was hell.

Where any of that puts me in terms of percentiles, I have no idea.

Members don't see this ad :)
Between seeing patients and reading studies I do about 6000 RVU a year. My best single month ever I did about 1000 RVU, and it was hell.

Where any of that puts me in terms of percentiles, I have no idea.

How many rvu is a sleep study interp, vs level 3 new pt visit, vs level 3 outpt f/u visit?

thanks

neurologist - are you practicing 100% sleep, or neurology as well? From the data I have seen, the mean wRVU for sleep is about 8000, however that also correlates to a mean salary of about 370,000K.

Dr. Rack - from what i have seen, wRVU and RVU are different (as wRVU is a percentage of RVU). However overall
Interps are about 2.5 wRVU, 3.7 RVU
level 3 new pt 1.42 wRVU, 2.2 RVU
level 3 establish 0.97 wRVU, 1.45

hope that helps

neurologist - are you practicing 100% sleep, or neurology as well? From the data I have seen, the mean wRVU for sleep is about 8000, however that also correlates to a mean salary of about 370,000K.

Dr. Rack - from what i have seen, wRVU and RVU are different (as wRVU is a percentage of RVU). However overall
Interps are about 2.5 wRVU, 3.7 RVU
level 3 new pt 1.42 wRVU, 2.2 RVU
level 3 establish 0.97 wRVU, 1.45

hope that helps

thanks, from those #'s I do about 7500 wRVU's per year (plus a lot of admin work)

I do a mix of sleep and neuro (about 50/50). Prorating your salary and RVU figures, with some adjustment for "regional market influences," approximates my salary,