Written interview for New Mexico??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmadocious

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone out there who can tell me about the written interview question? :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

pharmadocious said:
Is there anyone out there who can tell me about the written interview question? :eek:

I've heard its basically why pharmacy and why you.

I can ask again tomorrow, there are a handful of people who already interviewed in one of my classes.

You going on the 15th?

If you were invited for an interview, enclosed in the invitation were 3 sample essay questions that were asked in the past, very random, questions could be on pharmacy or any other non related issue. Im interviewign on sat apr 9th, ill let you know if you go after that date.

Members don't see this ad :)
njac said:
I've heard its basically why pharmacy and why you.

I can ask again tomorrow, there are a handful of people who already interviewed in one of my classes.

You going on the 15th?

Sounds good. I am interviewing this Saturday (April 9th). Would you happen to have a rough estimate of the average gpa (science in particular) of the handful of people in your class that have applied this year?

xraided81 said:
If you were invited for an interview, enclosed in the invitation were 3 sample essay questions that were asked in the past, very random, questions could be on pharmacy or any other non related issue. Im interviewign on sat apr 9th, ill let you know if you go after that date.
I recieved my invitation with the sample questions. I have just heard some rumors that the question doesn't really relate to either of them. I'll let you know if I hear anything different.

Just be prepared to write about anything, i think i could pretty much come up with an answer for anything they throw at me. i interviewed at uop and their essay question was should pharmacist wear white coats? why or why not? now that was a pretty random questions. BY any chance are you from NM? Im from cali and never been there, any interesting i should know?

xraided81 said:
Just be prepared to write about anything, i think i could pretty much come up with an answer for anything they throw at me. i interviewed at uop and their essay question was should pharmacist wear white coats? why or why not? now that was a pretty random questions. BY any chance are you from NM? Im from cali and never been there, any interesting i should know?

Will do. I was born and raised in NM but I am living in Phoenix right now. Interesting......no. NM can best be summarized by saying "good skiing in the winter, good hiking in the summer, houses are cheap, food is good."

pharmadocious said:
Will do. I was born and raised in NM but I am living in Phoenix right now. Interesting......no. NM can best be summarized by saying "good skiing in the winter, good hiking in the summer, houses are cheap, food is good."

and theres a ****load of wind in the spring. Jesus why did no one warn me about this! Its like damn kansas with grittier dirt!

I just moved here from 9 years in Tucson. Its interesting. Be prepared for a huge class disparity. Parts of this state are behind some 3rd world countries.

njac said:
and theres a ****load of wind in the spring. Jesus why did no one warn me about this! Its like damn kansas with grittier dirt!

I just moved here from 9 years in Tucson. Its interesting. Be prepared for a huge class disparity. Parts of this state are behind some 3rd world countries.
oh yeah, that too. Did you happen to find out anything else about the average gpa and question from your classmates?

pharmadocious said:
oh yeah, that too. Did you happen to find out anything else about the average gpa and question from your classmates?

my GPAis about a 3.0 and I've talked to people with up to 3.9s and we all have or had interviews. I have no clue what the average is, as I have class during the pre-pharm society meetings, but I'd peg it at like 3.2-3.4?

Ok and the essay is something like "Many of your prerequisite courses are also prerequisites for other medical careers. Why did you choose pharmacy over another medical career? Compare and Contrast." Youget 30mins and 4 pages.

njac said:
my GPAis about a 3.0 and I've talked to people with up to 3.9s and we all have or had interviews. I have no clue what the average is, as I have class during the pre-pharm society meetings, but I'd peg it at like 3.2-3.4?

Ok and the essay is something like "Many of your prerequisite courses are also prerequisites for other medical careers. Why did you choose pharmacy over another medical career? Compare and Contrast." Youget 30mins and 4 pages.

Thank you NJAC!

I have my interview at UNM on april 15, tomorow actually and was wondering how you're guys interviews went. I was also wondering what kind of gpa, etc, degree and experience that you have. Im a little worried but a lot of people say i have a good chance. I have a 3.48 gpa for the prereqs, BS in Biology and BA in Communication, i have only shadowing experience though as far as experience goes. If you could let me know any thoughts or ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

UNMpreRx said:
I have my interview at UNM on april 15, tomorow actually and was wondering how you're guys interviews went. I was also wondering what kind of gpa, etc, degree and experience that you have. Im a little worried but a lot of people say i have a good chance. I have a 3.48 gpa for the prereqs, BS in Biology and BA in Communication, i have only shadowing experience though as far as experience goes. If you could let me know any thoughts or ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

see ya tomorrow! I'll be the short girl in the black suit ;)

Best of luck. Your stats are better than mine. 3.0 GPA 96% PCAT no degree after 4 years of undergrad. But enthusiasm and personality out the wazoo!

njac said:
see ya tomorrow! I'll be the short girl in the black suit ;)

Best of luck. Your stats are better than mine. 3.0 GPA 96% PCAT no degree after 4 years of undergrad. But enthusiasm and personality out the wazoo!
for the people who interviewed today (04/15/05)
How did you guys feel about it? How many applicants attended? I went on the 9th and there were 19 others. Let me know!

pharmadocious said:
for the people who interviewed today (04/15/05)
How did you guys feel about it? How many applicants attended? I went on the 9th and there were 19 others. Let me know!

I would say there were between 20 and 25 of us? Almost everyone had an extremely positive interview, myself included. Our essay was about overcoming obstacles in life and what you learn from it.

I think it kind of sucks that they make the interview process so positive - here I am feeling fantastic about my interview and there is that chance I won't get in!

njac said:
I would say there were between 20 and 25 of us? Almost everyone had an extremely positive interview, myself included. Our essay was about overcoming obstacles in life and what you learn from it.

I think it kind of sucks that they make the interview process so positive - here I am feeling fantastic about my interview and there is that chance I won't get in!

Well, since you have good grades and from what I can gather a good personality I'm sure you have a good shot. I have been told that they really don't want strictly eat, sleep and study students....rather someone who can excel academically and maintain a life outside of school as well. Best of luck to ya!

P.S. I felt the people were really nice but I said some pretty corny stuff during my interview so I feel 50/50.

Yeah the whole interview process went really well, just hope to get in do you know of anybody who has been accepted, the funniest was the one guy who said the last book he read was playboy that cracked me up, who did you guys interview with?

UNMpreRx said:
Yeah the whole interview process went really well, just hope to get in do you know of anybody who has been accepted, the funniest was the one guy who said the last book he read was playboy that cracked me up, who did you guys interview with?

Someone actually brought up Playboy magazine in an interview?! :eek:

FutureRxGal said:
Someone actually brought up Playboy magazine in an interview?! :eek:

nononono that was a friend of mine - he interviewed with the same people I did right after I did - the question was "what was the last book you've read" and for me when I started to apologize for it being a crappy grocery store novel he was all "no, not cosmo, a book" and for my friend he said "other than playboy, what was the last thing you read?"

so the interviewee didn't mention pr0n, the interviewER did. they were fun to interview with :)

Ok cool i wasnt sure but that is great thats good i hope we hear something back soon in regards to it im eager and just had the interview. Yeah everyone there was really nice i really enjoyed the whole day. good luck to all of you. How much experience did you guys have?

Pharmadocious I was just curious what you're prereq gpa was if you didnt mind and what other things like experience you had if you dont mind. Thanks and good luck, hopefully we will know soon.