written exam vs computer based

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ree

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody :I am planning to take part 1 in december.I have to send my transcripts for evaluation.I am sending it this week.Then I have to send the application form for part 1.Is it too late now .I am in Kansas and the nearest place is collorado for written exams.I couldnt find details about computer exams .Please let me know If there are any centers close to Kansas or Topeka for CBT. :

Members don't see this ad.

hi , even i hav heard from lotta ppl ta same thing , bearin tat in ma mind , appeard for te exams strday , n to my surpise ter was not even a single qstns repeated in physio biochem , but lots in anat n few in dental anat n micro path .. anyways go thru te qstn papers n decks as well ...
do ur Best ... i think its more of a luck ...
Best of Luck .,..
nident .

Hi nident:Thanks .I am planning for written exams in dec for part 1.So your reply is very helpfull.Please let me know if there are anybody interested in giving dental decks for part 1.
:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey ree,

I took the part 1 written exams in july this year and as expected,there were few questions repeated from previous papers.The thing is,you can't really predict if CBT or written will be easier.I know of folks who have been under the impression that CBT is easy,but found it difficult when they took up the exam.Besides.it wouldn't be fair on ADA's part to have one type of exam easier than the other......if that was the case,I don't think anybody in their right mind would delibrately opt for the difficult version. :laugh: Anyways,the only thing to do,is study.Know your subject well and you shouldn't have a problem with the exam. :thumbup:

Hi ,Thanks for you encouraging words.Now I am confident to apply for my written exams.

Hi Everybody:please share some of the questions papers if you have from part1 since 2000. Is anybody planning to give their dental decks please post to this thread.
:luck: :

Have a nice day
ree