Written Boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eyefixer

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Glad to be done. Is it me or was it all strabismus, path, and neuro?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know what the cutoff is? I have a feeling I may be close to that!

Members don't see this ad :)
I felt like Carol Shields wrote 50% of that exam. Probably because I hate pathology. And few path questions seemed to give a clinical scenarios. Just, "what does this crappy picture represent?"

I felt like Carol Shields wrote 50% of that exam. Probably because I hate pathology. And few path questions seemed to give a clinical scenarios. Just, "what does this crappy picture represent?"

And I felt like Neil Miller wrote the other half :)

Speaking of Path, did anyone else have a difficult time with the pictures due to the poor resolution? I'm no eye path guru as it is, but compounded with the very poor resolution of all the pictures it made differentiating the subtle features very difficult. I called the ABO to let them know of my difficulty with the pictures. If others feel the same way, maybe some they can evaluate the path questions with that in mind. Just a thought. Oh, and the rest of the test was insane as well. We are all in the same boat however, hopefully it isn't sinking. Best of luck.

Retina pics were pretty bad too. From talking to former graduates, pictures have always been bad. We'll see. 6 weeks, is it?

Speaking of Path, did anyone else have a difficult time with the pictures due to the poor resolution? I'm no eye path guru as it is, but compounded with the very poor resolution of all the pictures it made differentiating the subtle features very difficult. I called the ABO to let them know of my difficulty with the pictures. If others feel the same way, maybe some they can evaluate the path questions with that in mind. Just a thought. Oh, and the rest of the test was insane as well. We are all in the same boat however, hopefully it isn't sinking. Best of luck.