Written Boards 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HotSeat

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody received the invoice/scheduling request from the ABR for the written boards this July? The ABR has not been helpful about when the invoices have been or will be sent out.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Here's my communication with them last week, probably no more helpful. I'd suggest sending an inquiry through their website (www.theabr.org), maybe enough churn will serve to light a fire under their collective arses...

I see in the section regarding the initial qualification
examinations for Radiation Oncology that invitations to sit for the exam
were to be distributed sometime in March or April. As we near the end
of April, neither I nor my colleagues eligible for this exam have
received an invitation. I would point out that the Pearson VUE centers
host a wide range of testing activities, and the ability to promptly
register allows us to select centers that are geographically
advantageous, rather than having to drive inordinate distances to sit
for the exam. I trust that this matter is already being addressed, but
I would appreciate an update on the status of these invitations.

Best Regards,

G'ville Nole, M.D.

Hello Dr. Nole,

We are running behind on sending the exam notices this year, but expect
them to be mailed out shortly.

I got pretty much the same line from the lady I spoke to on the phone a few weeks ago. She did confirm that I am all paid up and on the list of candidates who will be receiving the invites to register.

Members don't see this ad :)
A resident in my program called ABR yesterday and was told that the permits had just been mailed out. Although we have not received the permits in mail, we (all PGY4 and 5) were able to schedule our written boards at our first choice locations by calling the Pearson Vue ABR hotline number 800-931-4077.

They didn't ask for anything other than name, address, email, phone number, etc. Nothing like scheduling permit number or ABR ID.

Hope this helps you beat other test takers for your desired location.

ps: Are they combining radiobiology and physics into one day? Until this year, they were given on two consecutive days (Wed and Thurs). I'm just curious.

My main man, Mike, at Pearson said it's all in one day - 4 hours and some change. For some reason, I thought it was 2 days, as well. That's not that long of a test, I ain't scurred.

S

My main man, Mike, at Pearson said it's all in one day - 4 hours and some change. For some reason, I thought it was 2 days, as well. That's not that long of a test, I ain't scurred.

S

I think it was two days last year. This year, Bio and physics is on July 9th, while clinical is on July 10th.

Does anybody know how many questions are on the clinical written in the past?