writing test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hampster

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interviewing with St. George's and I've been asked to sit for a writing component at the beginning of the interview. Does anyone know what are some of the common topics/themes I might be asked?

Also, what kind of writing are they looking for-- something like the PS or something completely different? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I am interviewing with St. George's and I've been asked to sit for a writing component at the beginning of the interview. Does anyone know what are some of the common topics/themes I might be asked?

Also, what kind of writing are they looking for-- something like the PS or something completely different? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if it has changed at all since I applied, but it was basically a short essay...mine I believe was "who is someone you admire and why?" My interviewer at the time made it a point to tell me that it really doesn't count for anything--they just want to see if you can put a sentence together.

Good Luck!

Basically its not an exam to see if you can write...its more of a way for them to see who you are. The three questions they ask (you only choose one) are who inspired you the most, what three characteristics should a doctor possess, and finally a question i cannot remember at the present moment :). Anyhow do a search on "interview" here and at valuemd.com and you will be ok. good luck