writing sample grading scale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikeyboy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried searching for this but couldn't find anything; does anyone know how the grading scale for the writing sample was decided? I mean, why would you start with J and end with T. I think it would have been cooler if they started with M and ended with T because those are the letters in MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

:scared: who really cares? As long as you write out 3-4 pargraph worth of junk or even tried towrite something, you'll be somewhere in the mean...even if you don't do well the 3 other sections matters most

okay i dunno if your looking for a real answer but here they are each graded from a scale of 1 to 6 and then the two numbers are added together to equal a corresponding letter. You should shoot for at least an o which is two 4's i believe which can be accomplished by just meeting the three tasks.

too bad it doesnt weigh in as much as the three other sections. maybe the adcoms will see my writing score and be impressed enough to maybe be able to look past the fact that i got maybe a 4 on PS if im lucky.