Writing sample at ICO interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyeeyeeyeeye

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I remember reading somewhere here (SDN) that there is a writing portion during the ICO interview but I can't seem to find that post anymore. I have interview there in a couple of weeks, and I didn't know whether to expect it or not. For those who interviewed there, could you tell me? And/or any advice? Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

In 2009 I had a writing portion during my interview. The essay was just about your experience or what you can bring to ICO or some topic you can write about without prior subject matter or writing prompt, unlike Berkeley which asked questions or opinions about current events or some editorial.

Don't sweat it.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I remember reading somewhere here (SDN) that there is a writing portion during the ICO interview but I can't seem to find that post anymore. I have interview there in a couple of weeks, and I didn't know whether to expect it or not. For those who interviewed there, could you tell me? And/or any advice? Thank you in advance!

Hi, how long did it take to receive an invitation for the interview after you submitted the supplemental app? Please let me know. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, how long did it take to receive an invitation for the interview after you submitted the supplemental app? Please let me know. Thank you.
It usually takes about 1-2 weeks to receive an interview invite after you have submitted the supplemental application. I got my interview invitation within 5 days. I hope it helps!

It usually takes about 1-2 weeks to receive an interview invite after you have submitted the supplemental application. I got my interview invitation within 5 days. I hope it helps!
Thanks, I guess I just have to wait.

Hi! I heard back in exactly 1 week after I submitted my supplemental application. The e-mail ended up in my spam mail folder so make sure to keep checking the spam mail folder too! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I heard back in exactly 1 week after I submitted my supplemental application. The e-mail ended up in my spam mail folder so make sure to keep checking the spam mail folder too! Good luck!

Thank you. I'll keep checking.

Hi there.
I had my interview at ICO last month. The writing was really short (10 or 15 min i don't really remember) and the topic wasn't too hard to write about. I don't think I can tell you much about it, but it really wan't that bad and I don't think you really need to prepare for it or anything. Good luck!