Writing my own LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anaheimangels

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently asked a pharmacist to write a LOR for me and she asked me to write it. She said she would review it and add/subtract information as she sees fit.

Is there just a reference form they fill out (http://www.pharmcas.org/applicants/evalquestions.htm ), or do they write a letter in addition to the reference form?

Members don't see this ad.

When they rate you, it will be solely based on the criteria listed on the link you provided. There is also a section where they can attach an additional letter or answer additional question asks by pharmcas such as: your strength/weaknesses, what other aspects about you that will make you a competitive candidate compare to others and etc... Best of Luck!

My understanding is that they attach the letter to the form, or put it in a spot on the web form if doing it online. The evaluation form is required, so I suppose your answer is "both" (they write a letter and fill out the form). Is that what you're asking?