Writing During an Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CardaRx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan to take Eng 101 again, since I received a less than desired grade (C).
HOWEVER,
I will be taking the PCAT in October and planned to sit in on O'Chem class at another school (it's not offered at my school during the summer), because I have not taken O'Chem and plan to self study for that portion of the exam. :scared:

My problem: Is it true that you may have to write an essay or sample of your writing during interview? How about the PCAT? or anything else.

I was thinking about taking this class to improve some basic writing skills for my Personal Statement, however I could take this in the fall/winter as well, since it might be more important for me to sit in on OChem.

Please let me know what you think or if you know about writing samples during the interview or PCAT.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, there is a writing section on the PCAT.

Some schools have a writing exercise as part of the interview day, but not all of them do. You can usually find out by checking the school's website.

One skill you will definitely need is being able to write in a short amount of time (30 minutes or less). Practice is my suggestion.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are two essays on the PCAT's writing section.

As for the interview, it really depends on the school. Some schools may not have a writing section. I do know that my interview had a writing section, and I imagine that a good amount of schools include a writing section during the interview. I've often heard of either 20 minute or 30 minute writing sections.

--Garfield3d