Writing "challenge" secondary question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bouncydidit

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I'm wondering if it is appropriate to write about being rejected from medical school as an answer to UCI's challenge secondary question. ...

"Please describe to the Admissions Committee a challenge or disappointment you have overcome and what you learned about yourself from that experience. (1500 characters, not including spaces):"

I could pick a different, non-academic response, but being rejected from medical school is the freshest...

Don't do it!

The prompt did not ask you what you did to improve your application as a reapplicant. That's the only time you talk about what you did to improve your application (until someone points out differently).

We want more gravitas. We want a better insight into what matters to you. Relationships, job expectations, etc. for starters.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't do it!

The prompt did not ask you what you did to improve your application as a reapplicant. That's the only time you talk about what you did to improve your application (until someone points out differently).

We want more gravitas. We want a better insight into what matters to you. Relationships, job expectations, etc. for starters.
That makes sense! Thank you for the insight. I'm def gonna write about something else

Reactions: 1 user