Writing Assignments in Optometry School

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the big L

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am curious to know how much writing is required during optometry school.

I am a very proficient student at everything except writing. In fact I absolutely despise writing assignments and think it is very important for me to know what the expectations of such are in optometry school before I decide to begin that path.

Can someone please let me know if it's common to be given writing assignments, and if so of what length and how frequently?

Members don't see this ad.

I remembered no riting too much. I are a good optomitirist now.

Seriously, I don't know if this question comes as a result of english not being your first language. You will likely have to engage in some amount of technical scholarly types of writing, but whatever, if english is your first language you will be fine. Even if its not, IMHO, I don't believe that anyone capable of being accepted to optometry school would struggle too much. Don't be governed by fear. Do whatever you want to do. I imagine that almost all fields require some amount of writing.

I am curious to know how much writing is required during optometry school.

Can someone please let me know if it's common to be given writing assignments, and if so of what length and how frequently?

There were pretty few written assignments that I remember. We had one major CL paper we had to write that was around 15 pages. Mostly its study, and take multiple guess tests.