WREB-Endo portion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

endo123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need any advice/help that I can get. I failed the Endo portion of Wreb and I am planning to take it again in Las Vegas. What is the key to passing this portion of the exam?

Members don't see this ad.

try to find teeth with nice big canals and already tapered nicely .....so u don't have to do much cleaning and shaping ...hope this helps

Hi, I am also planning to take the WREB in Vegas...Im from Boston and I have no idea what to expect... Are u from UNLV?

Is anyone taking operative section? I have to take retake this section.

For endo, I think the key is finding the right teeth, and when you mix your sealer, don't mix it too runny.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I am also planning to take the WREB in Vegas...Im from Boston and I have no idea what to expect... Are u from UNLV?

Hi DiRose, are you taking all of WREB? How are you getting your patients?
I'm also in Boston, but taking the operative section in Oklahoma city. I have no idea how to find patients...

I need any advice/help that I can get. I failed the Endo portion of Wreb and I am planning to take it again in Las Vegas. What is the key to passing this portion of the exam?
Find a tooth that you can see the canal all the way to the apex. It doesn't have to have a big canal. A big canal sometimes is harder to shape/obturate if it doesn't have the right taper. Also you don't want a tooth with a too wide apex. You can push the cone out during obturation or you have to increase to large size to get the right taper. Measure the tooth before you mount to get an idea about the WL. If you study your tooth well, it should be very close to the actual length. After you made the access, use a small file (10 or 15) to get to the apex and find the WL. Work it up to 20 or 25. The key is patency, and do not force, let the canal guide you. Use RC prep everytime you go down there and irrigate. Once you get a 20 or 25 to the WL, use the rotary system of your choice with RC prep to clean and shape. Don't bother hand-file. If the canals are straight enough, rotary system is way faster and better. Try cone fit. Looking at the x-ray will help you identify where you might want to add a little more sealer on the cone. After you seal it, wait a little bit for the sealer to set before you start down packing. This will help reduce the chance of pulling the whole cone out.
You should outline the sequence that you will be doing during the exam. Stay calm, relax but concentrate. During the exam, do not aim for a perfect result. If you are too picky, you will get lost in time and become panic. If you plan everything out right, four hours is a long time. But if you don't plan it out right, it is gonna go by very fast. Good luck!