Wowzers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
A classmate asked me how much I was planning on studying for Step I. I told him 10 hours/day, taking Sundays off. He was shocked and "strongly encouraged" me to study for at least 14 hours/day and to make Sunday a half-day off. My goodness, I'd burn out! Does this sound crazy to anyone else? :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

A classmate asked me how much I was planning on studying for Step I. I told him 10 hours/day, taking Sundays off. He was shocked and "strongly encouraged" me to study for at least 14 hours/day and to make Sunday a half-day off. My goodness, I'd burn out! Does this sound crazy to anyone else? :eek:

Yeah, definitely. That person is kind of ridiculous, even if it actually works for them by now they should realize that it would never work for most people.

Btw, hi UCLAstudent, when do you take the Step 1?

This is what it's been like for me so far: I got 1 week of prep offered to me by my school and 6 weeks off. Because I'm horrible at staying on track I set my goal to be a minimum of 8 hours a day, with two breaks, and a goal of 12 hours a day during my last week before the exam. During the first five weeks I did an average of about 6 or 7 hours a day and took no breaks at all. During the sixth week I got sick and did about 3-5 hours a day. This week I'm supposed to do 12 hours a day but I'm pretty burned out and trying to figure out how to get motivated for this last week. Since I'm posting on SDN that's already a bad sign. Oh well.

Hi, Medikit. :) I take it on June 9. Thanks for the input --- I appreciate it. Good luck!

For what it's worth, the classmate I mentioned above also suggested (last year) that I read through big Robbins over the summer. I passed on that one. :D

Hi, Medikit. :) I take it on June 9. Thanks for the input --- I appreciate it. Good luck!

For what it's worth, the classmate I mentioned above also suggested (last year) that I read through big Robbins over the summer. I passed on that one. :D

Tell him i have a bridge in NY i wanna sell him at a discount.