Wow, the last week is just pathetically miserable

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Angriest Bird

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is where I believe Einstein more than everyone else: time is not fixed, it is relative.

I'm taking it in 6 days. I started 5 weeks ago. The first 3 weeks went by really fast. It was like "get up, study, go to bed" repeating itself automatically for 21 days. 4th and 5th weeks are okay, too. Starting yesterday, time starts to be bent by Step 1-gravity and slows down tremendously.

Unlike most people, I'm doing a system-based review. I have reproductive and multisystem left, That means, I can't just take it easy. If I don't study them well, I will lose points.

If I could give just one advice to someone who's taking it next year, it would be "making sure your last week is semi-lay-back because your efficiency would be 50%-75% anyway."

I think the really psycho part is that "I feel like I'm not ready for it to be over." Yeah, I know that's really messed up. I guess the relief and excitement after I clicked the last bubble would so overwhelming that I'm scared to accept it. It's somewhat like one's dream wedding I suppose.

Anyone with me here?

Members don't see this ad.

OMG< I'm right there with you!!!! I have ENT, endocrine, repro, MSK, embryology, and lots of pharm to go, and I have to finish that all by next weekend, or else....how is that going to happen? My problem was that, I'm too thorough, so I ended up spending extra time on every single block, and now I don't know what to do.....

my last week felt like it was going by at warp speed. I'd get up, and then, an hour later, it was 2 am and I didn't get as much done as I would've liked. My last day, I had TONS of things that I had to do, cuz if I didn't, they wouldn't get done. (For instance, look at pharm, which I hadn't studied at all during my prep because I had a pretty good handle on it, and look at images - I started looking at histo slides at 10:00 the night before!)

I also felt like I wasn't ready for it all to end. I wanted another week or two to get it done right!

The past week wasn't all that bad, but the last 3 days have slowed waaaay down. The past 24 hours have DRAGGED! I wanted to run through bugs and drugs for the last 2 days just so they're fresher. Yeah right! I've done almost nothing and I'm triaging some of the more common topics instead. Takin' it tomorrow and I hope I never have to do it again.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm with you. Test is on wed, I hve basically taken the whole day off today. I did 50 questions and reviewed the answers, and read a few pages, I'm already drained. I think after covering everything and pushing it for 4 weeks, you just get burned out. I am hoping relaxing today will let me push hard tomorrow and especillay Tuesday.

I've pretty much just been doing Qbank questions this week (test is Friday). I will skim through FA and the drugs the day before, but I like the randomness of the qbank and how it forces me to think like I'm taking a test when I study by applying what I know to a situation. Plus, it's much more "fun" to study this way than read FA over and over again (never knowing if I really understand the info in the context of a clinical situation).

The last week is really a downer. I feel I have soo much to do and the test is thursday. My brain feels like mush.

i had so many big plans for the last week. instead i ambled around the house and prayed for death. on the last day i planned to cover all the short term stuff, and sorta got to it, while I wasn't nervously skipping around my living room, pretending i was in a rap battle, and having finger snapping contests with my new imaginary friends, you know, all that sane stuff that happen after 35 days of studying.

Well, 4 more days to go.

I'm actually still keeping up to my schedule pretty well. I'm cutting a lot of Kaplan questions, because at this point I've realized Kaplan Qbank isn't very helpful anyway.

I read 2 chapters of BRS Path and 4 chapters of Micro Made R Simple. Did all GU/Sex questions in UW. My plan was to do another 130 reproductive questions in Kaplan Qbank, but my brain tells me "just f*ck, it won't help you anyway."