Would you take Kaplan Live prep ($4200) if money wasn't an option?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyanide12345678

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've always been too damn cheap to spend any money on any prep courses. But lets say magically all the 240 hrs of videos were available from Kaplan's usmle prep course for ermm $250. Would you guys take it? Or do you think you'd be better off with self study?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd try to avoid all things Kaplan. The questions I saw focused way too much on stupidity to be efficient. There are so many better resources out there.

I'd try to avoid all things Kaplan. The questions I saw focused way too much on stupidity to be efficient. There are so many better resources out there.

That is the fear. Since the combination of FA, uworld, Pathoma (and maybe Goljan audio during gym time and brs physio for reference only) seems to be more popular on here. Plus I've always a person who likes to master the most important material rather than get bogged down in the details of unnecessary information.

But on the other hand, having never done a prep course, I've always wondered whether I would have been better off with one (my standardized test scores have always been sub par compared to my gpa performances). So lets say I did come across a source selling all kaplan 2012 prep course video lectures for 250, is it even worth that :p ?

Edit: What about the $700 high yield course which has 50 hours of lectures by high scorers? What do you think that one is worth lol.

Last edited: