would you start a post-bac after missing 1 to 2 weeks of classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

healthyhabits

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone :)
i'm accepted to a DIY post-bac at a state university for this fall quarter, but due to a personal problem, i have to miss the first and maybe even the second week of classes... i know it's bad and i'd be missing lots of stuff even though it'd still be before the drop & add deadline, but i'm wondering if i'd be able to catch up and still get good grades??
just to give you an idea, i didn't take any math or science in undergrad...
not sure if this helps, but my high school SAT for math was 660, undergrad GPA was 3.45
i'm signed up for chem, bio, and physics totaling 15 credits.
i'm really scared... is it a very bad idea to start like this or do you think it'll be okay?
thank you so much!!! :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Given what you have shared, I'd step back. Plenty have had to step back in order to be in the best possible position to move forward.

Unless you are a beyond excellent science/math student with very little else on your plate, I wouldn't do it. Competition is great. It's too risky.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you for the replies... :) preparation sounds like a good idea, but...
would you say the same even if i end up being just a week late? :scared:
i also don't have other commitments like a job. thanks :oops:

No math/science in undergrad, 3.45, don't do it. I honestly don't think you understand what you're getting yourself into with the prereqs, if you think missing the first bunch of classes might work out for you.

Best of luck to you.