Would you retake the prerequisites or would you not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Clutchxoverlord

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
if a high school student did dual enrollment and graduated with their AA with some premed prerequisites during high school, as dual credit would you retake the prerequisites or no? Some med schools I contacted said they will accept the credits as long it was done at junior college. And the credits were. So would you retake it or not? Opinions are greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
if a high school student did dual enrollment and graduated with their AA with some premed prerequisites during high school, as dual credit would you retake the prerequisites or no? Some med schools I contacted said they will accept the credits as long it was done at junior college. And the credits were. So would you retake it or not? Opinions are greatly appreciated
No point in retaking them assuming you took them A) at a college level B) for a grade.

Med schools don't allow grade substitution, so you'd be much better off just taking a higher level course in the same discipline. The only exception I could think of is if you learned the material quite poorly and want a refresher before you take the MCAT. If you learned it well the first time though, you'd be better off just reviewing on your own.

Had this exact same situation- didn't retake them bc I got good grades, and as gonnif mentioned, they will show up twice on transcripts. Having intro stuff let me take a lot of upper level science classes at my undergrad and performing well in them showed adcoms that having taken a few prereqs through a cc was not a big deal.

Don't retake

Reactions: 1 user