Would you retake the GRE with this score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

b0rganic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello community!

I recently took the GRE and scored a 165V, 4.5AW, and a 148Q(33%). Due to the low quant score I am considering a retake in a month. The rest of my application is competitive, with a decent undergrad and high prereq. gpa, as well as good varied experiences. What's your input on how much that one section may play into the big picture? I have a ton on my plate with a new rehab aide job, applications, and two upcoming classes this fall. I'm having a very hard time rebooting for a retake.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello community!

I recently took the GRE and scored a 165V, 4.5AW, and a 148Q(33%). Due to the low quant score I am considering a retake in a month. The rest of my application is competitive, with a decent undergrad and high prereq. gpa, as well as good varied experiences. What's your input on how much that one section may play into the big picture? I have a ton on my plate with a new rehab aide job, applications, and two upcoming classes this fall. I'm having a very hard time rebooting for a retake.

I would check with each and every school you apply to personally just to make sure that Quant. is high enough to even be considered. After reading this post, I got curious and looked up some local schools on PTCAS. There was a school that requires a minimum of a 147 Quat. to even be considered. If your schools don't have a reported minimum on PTCAS, your going to have to make some calls/emails to get that info. If you do meet the minimum requirements for Quant. for your schools with that 148, I would personally say that you are fine because you nailed the Verbal and did good on your Writing which are the most looked at in the PT world. However, if you come across a school or two that says they need a minimum of a 149 or 150+, then yeah, you should probably retake it...but I highly doubt the latter unless its some crazy hard to get into school! :) Hope this helps!

Yea U Miami requires 147Q... Your good I would ride off into the sunset with That score

Members don't see this ad :)
@b0rganic:

In addition, there are some programs that (a) either do not require the GRE, or (b) only view certain portions of it for admission purposes.

Indiana University only reviews the verbal section of the GRE. Your verbal score is competitive for us.

Best,

Josh Morrison
Director, Student Enrollment Services
IU School of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences, IUPUI
www.shrs.iupui.edu
[email protected]

Is U of Miami really 147 V ? i thought it was 149

Miami is 149V 147Q 3A

Average accepted 153V 152Q 3.5A