Would you like an EKG with that?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hyperbaric

Cool under pressure.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finally I had the opportunity to visit a franchise of the most prestigious residency in the land - In-N-Out. The population was diverse and the department was very busy. Patients were spilling out of the waiting area while some were spilling out of their clothes. Despite the line, I was quickly triaged. Patients were treated exceptionally well. There were no generics on the menu - all quality ingredients with several options for customized therapy.

Despite only being a second year medical student, I can tell this is an excellent program.

Members don't see this ad.

Finally I had the opportunity to visit a franchise of the most prestigious residency in the land - In-N-Out. The population was diverse and the department was very busy. Patients were spilling out of the waiting area while some were spilling out of their clothes. Despite the line, I was quickly triaged. Patients were treated exceptionally well. There were no generics on the menu - all quality ingredients with several options for customized therapy.

Despite only being a second year medical student, I can tell this is an excellent program.

Not all is at is appears. The program got a citation last RRC visit for too much cholesterol in its residents' benefits program. The affiliated double-double fellowship is on probation.

You continually remind me of what I am missing since I left SoCal. I dream of burgers made the right way, with REAL potato french fries and a mixed chocolate-strawberry shake...

Arrgh! May you all be ChuckNorrised!

Just kidding. I wouldn't wish that on anyone...:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah - I heard the RRC was investigating numerous complaints. In-N-Out has apparently adopted a very rigorous pre-cath regimen.

I don't know where you guys are getting your info. The RRC did make a little noise but then a certain In-N-Out alumnus gave them a guided tour and answered all their questions. They have been pretty much silent since then as their jaws are all wired and the bruising will be there for awhile. In any case In-N-Out was granted an unprecedented 50 year certification with no reviews.

Any word on the Fries Fellowship. I was really hoping to get into this ultracompetetive spot in a few yrs. After all since I wasnt granted an interview last yr I thought I might be able to pad my resume with a fellowship.

I am anxiously awaiting your responses.

I've heard the Fries Fellowship spots are almost impossible to get, you might want to settle for the Burger Flipping Fellowship, I hear there's usually a spot for those who want it.

I've heard the Fries Fellowship spots are almost impossible to get, you might want to settle for the Burger Flipping Fellowship, I hear there's usually a spot for those who want it.

I guess i have a long way to go to get my coveted spot.. off to study.

Golly. I feel like my program is one of those little tea shops attached to an antique store where old women and gay men sit and talk about fabric over finger sandwiches and weak iced tea.

From a patient perspective, my local In-N-Out branch is excellent. There's a huge volume and some pretty sick people coming in (e.g. exceptionally large orders). But the ancillary staff is well-organized and unfailingly polite, there's hardly any malpractice, and I've always been treated reasonably quickly despite the volume. But I recently had occasion to be seen at another branch while travelling and had a less than stellar experience - surly and unmotivated reception staff, unusually long time to get treated despite an empty waiting area, and I was a victim of some pretty egregious malpractice (I asked for *no* sauce, but got it anyway - thankfully when I filed a complaint they immediately scheduled me for a repair procedure and didn't charge for it, so I didn't have to go as far as a lawsuit).

I'm guessing just like any other chain, the In-N-Out program can't *quite* keep as tight a control on quality at individual locations as they'd like. For you guys looking for residency spots, it's probably wise to evaluate the local directors and staffing situations before signing on at any particular branch...

I don't know where you guys are getting your info. The RRC did make a little noise but then a certain In-N-Out alumnus gave them a guided tour and answered all their questions. They have been pretty much silent since then as their jaws are all wired and the bruising will be there for awhile. In any case In-N-Out was granted an unprecedented 50 year certification with no reviews.

RU suggesting that Chuck needed residency training to learn emergency medicine?

It's threads like this that make me smile about living about half a mile away from an in-and-out. I think I'll walk down the street and get some right now :)

It's threads like this that make me smile about living about half a mile away from an in-and-out. I think I'll walk down the street and get some right now :)

Are you looking for trouble?

When I was in Vegas this summer I happened to tour one of the local In N Out burgers on Dean Martin Drive. I left my cell phone behind but thankfully the trustworthy and honest residents there answered my phone when I dialed it from a payphone down by my hotel, and agreed to return it to me. I spoke to their PD about a possible fellowship there but my Canadian residency at Mcdonalds from when I was 15 years old just wouldn't cut it.