Would you do it all over again?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CalBears05

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Knowing what you know now, would you have done the same thing: study hard in undergrad, med school, go through residency, etc? If not, what other medical career would you rather be doing: RN, NP, PA, or any others?

Is all this hard work and time worth it in the end? The reason I'm asking this is because I have gotten the impression from some people in med school and residency that they feel completely detached from the outside world, their family, and their friends. I am willing to work hard and spend a lot of time training but I still want to be involved in family life.

Members don't see this ad.

no no no no.. i wouldnt do it over again.. I wouldnt work as hard in undergrad and i would not choose a career in healthcare again.

im too far in debt.. too much heartache humiliation too many exams too much money.. no way

no no no no.. i wouldnt do it over again.. I wouldnt work as hard in undergrad and i would not choose a career in healthcare again.

im too far in debt.. too much heartache humiliation too many exams too much money.. no way

Could you expand upon that?

Could you expand upon that?

not worth the heartache.. humiliation... debt.. very little satisfaction.. overwhelming red tape.... unbelievably long hours studying and working.. and the returns are not nearly what you put into it.. not even close...