Would this class count as an upper-level biology lab?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mstpgrind

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considering taking a class called " Laboratory Techniques in Biomedical Research" that is a 400 level class in the physiology department. However, it is an online class. Would I have to take an in-person lab next year as well, or would this satisfy my upper-level biology lab requirement?

Additionally, I have the chance to take it as either a 1 or 2 credit class - would I be able to take it as a 1 credit class and still have it count as a medical school lab prerequisite? I've seen no minimum credit hours for prereqs, but as a computer science major, I will be taking very few biology classes relative to bio majors (so I was thinking med schools might want to see more bio credit hours).

However, I was hoping the 1 credit option would be okay as I'd like to devote more time to ECs than class.

Members don't see this ad.

If this is a lecture based class that discusses lab techniques rather than you performing them in an actual laboratory, then its not a lab class.

Also, Ive never seen any school require any Bio course aside from Bio 1 and 2.