Would really appreciate your thoughts - Partners vs UCSF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neur9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have gone back and forth between Partners and UCSF about a million times now, and I would really appreciate other people's perspectives about the pros/cons of these places. I realize that ultimately there are personal deciding factors, but it seems like I'm just stuck and could benefit from other people's objective thoughts.

Thanks a million!

Members don't see this ad.

32 views and no replies? Anyone? Anyone? :confused:

Hey, I'm only a third-year, but I just came across this thread and thought it might help you out. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd much rather live in SF than Boston. Is this dilemma for your first choice spot? If it is then you'll probably want better advice than that :p

Hey, I'm only a third-year, but I just came across this thread and thought it might help you out. Good luck.

Thank you! That post was helpful!

And yes... it's for the #1, so location matters but can't be everything hehe. Any other thoughts?

Goodluck to everyone still deciding in the final days, and congrats to those who have certified and are ready for March 17th! :luck:

Thank you! That post was helpful!

And yes... it's for the #1, so location matters but can't be everything hehe. Any other thoughts?

Goodluck to everyone still deciding in the final days, and congrats to those who have certified and are ready for March 17th! :luck:

Do you have a location preference? That would do it for me, since they're so far apart physically but quite similar in terms of quality/prestige.

Considering how bad things are in California (budget woes, taxes, etc.), I'd choose Partners (not that Mass is an example of efficient Government). I'd be reluctant to relocate to California or Illinois, as they are in deep trouble and not making the tough decisions.

Hey guys, I have gone back and forth between Partners and UCSF

I have extensive direct personal experience with Partners and know that it is absolute garbage. Go to UCSF.

I have extensive direct personal experience with Partners and know that it is absolute garbage. Go to UCSF.

An interesting perspective. Care to back that up with anything concrete?

Both Partners and UCSF are excellent training programs. I know many people that trained at either location, and can assure you that the clinical training is good at both locations.

I'd much rather live in SF than Boston. Is this dilemma for your first choice spot? If it is then you'll probably want better advice than that :p

SF - earthquakes
Boston - blizzards

Which do you prefer? Hehe :) Don't forget, you'll have to either drive over huge cracks/debris, or slippery icy conditions. There are no 'snow days' for residents! :D

Yeah I was curious on this too, what did you decide? Better yet, see the rank list thread and post your rank list =)

What did you decide on?

UCSF as 1, Partners as 2. I know I'll be so incredibly lucky to have the opportunity to train at either place... it probably felt like a tough choice because I'd be happy at both! Thanks for your input/help guys! Countdown to March 17th.... eek!