Would March of 3rd year be too early to take COMLEX Part 2 CS in Philly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MJB

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if it would be dumb to do it then, or if I should wait until November.

I wanted to take it in September, but it's booked.

Members don't see this ad.

If I had core 1st, I'd probably done it that early as well ... get it over with. I've got it 2nd, so I'm signed up for July ... I think you're pretty much graded on your performance and not some scale. If you feel good about your H/P abilities then I say go for it.

When are you taking the written?

If your school allows you to take it early and you're confident, do it. But be aware you may have patients presenting with complaints from core rotations you won't have completed yet, which may put you at a disadvantage.

UNE didn't allow us to take it until after all core rotations and our 3rd year colloquium were completed. I think it was a smart move on their part. You can always keep looking up dates and switch to September later on. More dates do generally open up.

If your school allows you to take it early and you're confident, do it. But be aware you may have patients presenting with complaints from core rotations you won't have completed yet, which may put you at a disadvantage.

UNE didn't allow us to take it until after all core rotations and our 3rd year colloquium were completed. I think it was a smart move on their part. You can always keep looking up dates and switch to September later on. More dates do generally open up.

Interesting that more dates might open up. Right now, it's BOOKED solid from May through October.

Still not sure on when I'm taking the written.