Would love to have a second look at my plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CR_Chill

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I know that most of this is available in bits and pieces across these boards (I've spent much more time than I should reading forums). I just want to confirm that my specific plan makes sense and is possible.

I finished an undergrad degree in science education (Biology specialization) with the following stats:
uGPA: 3.10
sGPA: 2.83

I am in the process of completing an MA in educational leadership with a stellar GPA (almost all As, 1 B-)

I've been teaching for a couple of years overseas and am returning to school for DIY postbac. I'm still missing some prereqs and need to repeat a couple as well. I calculated my sGPA if I make all As in the postbac and it takes my sGPA to 3.5 (with AACOMS retakes).

Right now I'm planning on doing that for a year and a half, studying for MCAT in fall of 2018 while taking Ochem II, taking the MCAT in January 2019, finish my DIY postbac up with biochem in spring 19 and applying as early as possible to a wide range of DO schools and Masters of Biomedical Sciences / linkage programs in case I don't get in.

So having laid out my plan I have a few quesitons.
1) Is there something I am missing? Am I SOL for some reason I haven't already thought of?
2) I know I need to get shadowing hours (that's not too difficult given some connections I have at home), but can anyone lend me some advice or point me in a direction as to how to get some clinical experiences?
3) Is there a realistic chance that I'd get in first try or should I make a Masters my goal as of right now?

Thank you all very much for reading!
Best,

Members don't see this ad.