would like to gauge the interest in an accredited online MHA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MOHS_01

audemus jura nostra defendere
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of the state universities is debating whether to expand their MHA program, with potential options of a "professional" program or, less likely, an online program. Would be interested in hearing any feedback. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I think this would be great. Many of the academic powers that be at major universities go crazy about these programs diluting their image. The funny thing is, once you get outside of the university, most companies or hospitals do not care how you got your degree (Online, exec program, or good old brick and mortar) as long as the US dept of education approves your degree. In the case of the MHA I think experience will be a key factor in landing a real administrative position more than where or by which method you obtained your degree. Employers look at what you have done with your degree (Tangible results that can be listed on a resume) rather than how you obtained your MHA. Distance learning will only give more people more oppotunities to become educated so I'm all for it.