would like some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neembo

wait, what?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I just became a member like 10 minutes ago. You guys seem cool, and well versed in these matters, so I would like some advice.

I just graduated in may from Rutgers NB with a BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering, 3.3 cumulative GPA. Around March i realized i didn't want to be an engineer for the rest of my life, and realized I probably should have changed majors much earlier. Regardless, I graduated. I would very much like to change my career to medicine, so I've been researching some post baccalaureate programs. The Evening Premed Program at Drexel caught my eye, as I can continue my job but still take classes, Philly is a half hour away, and there is a linkage with UMDNJ. I already have physics and chem from undergrad, so I'm wondering if I'm eligible for this.

Ideally, I would like to stay where I'm at and not have to move, but I've been considering the HCP as well. I was also considering moving back home and going to the RU post bacc. (columbia's was kind of pricey for me)

...so I haven't really asked any questions, but if you guys could give me some general advice that would be great. This stuff is all quite new to me, so I don't really know what questions to ask...:(

btw if it matters I got a 1430 on my sats (720M, 710V). Where could I go with these stats? Overall I think I am well prepared for the rigors of premed courses. Engineering just didn't suit me (I was an A-B student early on, but my GPA dropped through the years.)

Thanks! Your advice would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Search through this site http://services.aamc.org/postbac/ to see which ones might interest you. Then, call the schools/programs that you are interested in to find out your chances of gaining admission and ways to improve your chances. This way you would know what specifically to do for that program. I hope this helps.