Would I get accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stookie

Slick Nasty
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently have a GPA of 2.92. I am currently in my last semester of college. If I were to graduate with a 3.0 would I get accepted to NYCPM? I have not taken the mcat yet. I read that nycpm does not reject anyone, is it true? also, how is the employment outlook for a podiatrist in southern new york/ new york city?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think that podiatry schools accept "everyone," but instead do accept a high number of applicants. It doesn't hurt to ask the school what percentage of applicants they accept, and ask them what the GPA's/MCAT scores etc of the past entering class have been like.
Go ahead and apply, you will undoubtely get an interview if you contact the school and let them know you are actively finishing up your pre-reqs.
Most schools will accept the GRE over the MCAT, so if you find that MCAT testing sites are full, sign up for the GRE, it is always easy to find a GRE testing site, as a lot of sites offer the GRE daily.
Good luck!

Some factors that should be considered...

1. What was your science GPA?
2. Why is your GPA so low, was it a 4 year pattern?
3. How have you really changed
4. Do you think that GPA reflects a candidate willing to work hard?
5. How would your undergrad GPA reflect on the rest of podiatry?
6. If GPA doesn't matter, why should any pre-pod student even go to undergrad?
7. Why do you really want to be a podiatrist? To make 300K a year?

Members don't see this ad :)
stookie said:
I currently have a GPA of 2.92. I am currently in my last semester of college. If I were to graduate with a 3.0 would I get accepted to NYCPM? I have not taken the mcat yet. I read that nycpm does not reject anyone, is it true? also, how is the employment outlook for a podiatrist in southern new york/ new york city?

nycpm likes to see a minimum of 3.0gpa and 21on the MCAT. if you can get a higher mcat score that would help. nycpm only takes the GRE for exxtremely special circumstances.

Call Carlene 212-410-8100 and explain your situation and see what she says.

as for ny pods - it is very competative in ny because there are so many pods.
in southern ny - if it is close to jersey then you might want your practice to be in jersey b/c the scope is better.

good luck.

I think you should go ahead, it never hurts to apply