would i be considered a "reapplicant?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkzebra

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was thinking about this today...

to be very brief, i submitted my primary application in the very beginning of june 2009 for the 2009/2010 cycle. i got cold feet, thinking i couldnt balance my family life with medicine, so i withdrew before i could fill out any of the secondaries i received. i believe it was mid to late summer of 2009 when i officially withdrew the primary.

anyway, my AMCAS account obviously still exists...when i go to apply in 2012, do i have to declare myself a reapplicant?

Members don't see this ad.

i was thinking about this today...

to be very brief, i submitted my primary application in the very beginning of june 2009 for the 2009/2010 cycle. i got cold feet, thinking i couldnt balance my family life with medicine, so i withdrew before i could fill out any of the secondaries i received. i believe it was mid to late summer of 2009 when i officially withdrew the primary.

anyway, my AMCAS account obviously still exists...when i go to apply in 2012, do i have to declare myself a reapplicant?

I was in a very similar situation. The answer is YES you are a reapplicant to all of those schools and if you don't label yourself as a reapplicant, when you submit for verification to AMCAS, they will change it to reapplicant. That is exactly what happened to me.

I didn't officially withdraw my application when I was in your situation. I just never opened any med school stuff or communicated with the schools after I submitted the primary. If you want to see if you can pass as a non-reapplicant you can submit as such. AMCAS will change it if they believe you are a reapplicant.