Would doing this be beneficial in studying for SAT/ACT/SAT II's?

xnfs93hy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the SAT's in June for the second time and hopefully I will do well. I do not plan to do stellar but I hope to get around an 1800.

What I really want to do aside from doing stuff for my five AP classes, is go to the library pretty much everyday this summer and really study for these tests.

The reason being is because so many schools I want to apply to after a year of CC (or two) need SAT scores and all of that stuff.

I feel like I can really score a 2400 (maybe a 2350 to be realistic) or a 34-35-36, if I really study EVERY DAY, and over prepare and really get to know these tests front and back. Not only that but if I do score 90th+ percentile, legitimately, that will look fantastic to colleges I apply to as a transfer, and will be great if I get called in for interviews. They will see a MAJOR upward trend.

Seriously, freshman year, I was in classes with kids who had no aspirations whatsoever (it was mostly my own fault though).

Another thing is, I am the ONLY person in the history of my school, who has gone from the level pretty much above ******ed classes to Honors to almost a full Advanced Placement courseload. I think she also said that no one has taken five AP's in one year at my school.

Idk if I am getting ahead of myself but I really do feel that I can pull it off if I bust my butt hard enough.

What do you think?

Is it worth the effort or not?

Members don't see this ad.

I am taking the SAT's in June for the second time and hopefully I will do well. I do not plan to do stellar but I hope to get around an 1800.

What I really want to do aside from doing stuff for my five AP classes, is go to the library pretty much everyday this summer and really study for these tests.

The reason being is because so many schools I want to apply to after a year of CC (or two) need SAT scores and all of that stuff.

I feel like I can really score a 2400 (maybe a 2350 to be realistic) or a 34-35-36, if I really study EVERY DAY, and over prepare and really get to know these tests front and back. Not only that but if I do score 90th+ percentile, legitimately, that will look fantastic to colleges I apply to as a transfer, and will be great if I get called in for interviews. They will see a MAJOR upward trend.

Seriously, freshman year, I was in classes with kids who had no aspirations whatsoever (it was mostly my own fault though).

Another thing is, I am the ONLY person in the history of my school, who has gone from the level pretty much above ******ed classes to Honors to almost a full Advanced Placement courseload. I think she also said that no one has taken five AP's in one year at my school.

Idk if I am getting ahead of myself but I really do feel that I can pull it off if I bust my butt hard enough.

What do you think?

Is it worth the effort or not?

You are capable of doing anything you want.

Oh I know.

I am just wondering if you think that it will be more beneficial to study at my library instead of at home.

The real reason I think it will help me in terms of shooting for a 2400 is because they have a TON of really great books for the SAT I, II, and ACT.

I figure I can just make copies and keep working on those at home. And if I do not understand something, I can just hop on the computers they have there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh I know.

I am just wondering if you think that it will be more beneficial to study at my library instead of at home.

The real reason I think it will help me in terms of shooting for a 2400 is because they have a TON of really great books for the SAT I, II, and ACT.

I figure I can just make copies and keep working on those at home. And if I do not understand something, I can just hop on the computers they have there.

You don't need to have many books for SAT I, II, and ACT. Just buy the ones many people recommend on SDN. Take them home. Make yourself comfortable. And start to study !

Oh I know.

I prefer studying at home but that's just me. Honestly, it depends on you though. Like I said, I didn't study for those tests so I can't be of too much help, but I would just suggest that you find where you are comfortable and can focus.