Worth taking Step 1 again?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1148566

I recently found out I failed Step 1. I am a 3rd year DO student. Is it worth taking again or should I just stick to COMLEX? I passed level 1.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Psych has something like a 75% match rate with comlex only. It's also a specialty where boards matter a bit less. Do you think you could pass step?

Can’t you not send your usmle transcript. Imo comlex only > comlex + usmle fail then pass

Can’t you not send your usmle transcript. Imo comlex only > comlex + usmle fail then pass
Yes, you can choose to not send your USMLE transcript, however if OP chose to retake step 1 or take step 2, programs would see all attempts.

Psych has something like a 75% match rate with comlex only. It's also a specialty where boards matter a bit less. Do you think you could pass step?
passed all my practice tests last round and still failed, so I guess I can

Yes, you can choose to not send your USMLE transcript, however if OP chose to retake step 1 or take step 2, programs would see all attempts.
Oh okay. Op, I would go comlex only. I think a failure will hurt more than a good step 2 will help