Worth it to wait for California programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Azulian

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I've only heard from Stanford, and am waiting on UCSF, UCSD and UCLA (as of Nov 16th). So two questions...

1. Is there a chance they might still offer an interview, or is it a lost cause at this point?

2. Is it worth it to contact the programs, and if so, how (e-mail, call)?

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey folks,

I've only heard from Stanford, and am waiting on UCSF, UCSD and UCLA (as of Nov 16th). So two questions...

1. Is there a chance they might still offer an interview, or is it a lost cause at this point?

2. Is it worth it to contact the programs, and if so, how (e-mail, call)?

Thanks for the help!

We must be in the same applicant pool or something! I haven't heard from UCLA or UCSF. I'm going to hang tight for a few days and then convince myself that I couldn't afford to live there anyway.

I called UCLA last Thursday... they said that they were going over the last bunch of applicants and I would have an answer by the next day (Friday)... I still haven't heard anything, so I don't know if that's a rejection, or if they're not finished reviewing the apps, or what. I'm planning on giving it until Fri/Mon before calling again. I guess by then if they sent a snail mail rejection I'll have gotten it.

Does anyone who applied last year know if/when programs finally send rejections?

Members don't see this ad :)
UCLA was the last school I had yet to hear from last year. I finally got an invite in December, scheduled it for the following week.

I'm in the same place - heard from Stanford, nothing from UCSF.