Worst pneumonics in first aid...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sarcoid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So what do you think is the least helpful Mnemonic in first aid?

I'll start with: atypical antipsychotics:

ITS ATYPICAL FOR OLD CLOSETS TO RISPER QUIETLY FROM A TO Z

Absolutely worthless!!! Haha!

(edited for spelling)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i have nothing to contribute to the thread but i just wanted to point out that 'mnemonics' is what you're looking for.
good luck though :)

Not the worst, but the one I found pretty funny

Their famous 5 Fs for the limbic system are Feeding, Fleeing, Fighting, Feeling and sex.

Members don't see this ad :)
The "famous 5 Fs" for the limbic system.

The limbic system is responsible for Feeding, Fleeing, Fighting, Feeling, and sex.

There are *FOUR* Fs for the limbic system. FA didn't even correct this in the official corrections they released, nor did DIT. Disappointing.

The limbic system is responsible for Feeding, Fleeing, Fighting, Feeling, and sex.

There are *FOUR* Fs for the limbic system. FA didn't even correct this in the official corrections they released, nor did DIT. Disappointing.

1145.jpg

fail... lol.

So what do you think is the least helpful pneumonic in first aid?

I'll start with: atypical antipsychotics:

ITS ATYPICAL FOR OLD CLOSETS TO RISPER QUIETLY FROM A TO Z

Absolutely worthless!!! Haha!

I actually found this pneumonic the only way I could memorize the atypicals o_O.

I find the P450 inducers and inhibiitors pretty useless. I use:

Super Big Penises Cause Really Gay Queers
and
Crazy Korean Grandmothers Eat Infected ****

They are easier to remember in stressful situations because of their political incorrectness.

I learned it originally as "feeding, fleeing, fighting, and ****ing" too. That's four. Forget this "feeling" nonsense. Of course it's "feeling." Look at the rest of the words!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...here's one I liked: "Can I keep selling sex for money, officer?" for TCA cycle intermediates.

I didn't like the virus ones either. One we made up for immuno was "Naked Pics in Cali and Reo? Papa Adeno!" For the naked viruses. (Papa for both Papova and Parvovirus).

Also didn't like "Young liver synthesizes blood" for embryology because the sentence can confuse you that liver is first, when its really yolk sac. Replaced it with "YeLlow SuBmarine" (Yolk sac, liver, spleen, then bone marrow). Plus, you're not gonna forget yellow submarine but you can forget a boring sentence.

Well...here's one I liked: "Can I keep selling sex for money, officer?" for TCA cycle intermediates.

I didn't like the virus ones either. One we made up for immuno was "Naked Pics in Cali and Reo? Papa Adeno!" For the naked viruses. (Papa for both Papova and Parvovirus).

Also didn't like "Young liver synthesizes blood" for embryology because the sentence can confuse you that liver is first, when its really yolk sac. Replaced it with "YeLlow SuBmarine" (Yolk sac, liver, spleen, then bone marrow). Plus, you're not gonna forget yellow submarine but you can forget a boring sentence.

Thanks for the naked virus one! Theirs is horrible and not useful AT ALL. :thumbup:

I'm a big fan of the prostitute's pupil (Argyll Robertson pupils for tabes dorsalis). "Because they accommodate but do not react." Wow.

I'm a big fan of the prostitute's pupil (Argyll Robertson pupils for tabes dorsalis). "Because they accommodate but do not react." Wow.

Yikes, that one actually took me a second to comprehend...haha :oops:. Politically incorrect probably, but I think I'll remember it now