Worst admissions staff in the country.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like if I post here, I will leave my own mark that will be preserved into the future. So here goes!

If you are reading this in 2016, you win. :D
Well then....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I like how around year 5-7 people stopped saying "Jalby are you really still mad about this?" and started saying " Jalby I love you, keep this hate thread going"

My favorite was the Nick Naylor. He told me this was all stupid and I needed to drop it. I waited 5 years and then mentioned to him how he became a psych resident. (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Things are tough in first year...but at least I'm not in Georgetown dealing with the worst staff in the country.

Caribbean school >>> Transylvania Institute of Thermohydrodynamics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Georgetown

Things are tough in first year...but at least I'm not in Georgetown dealing with the worst staff in the country.

Caribbean school >>> Transylvania Institute of Thermohydrodynamics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Georgetown

Idk man, I'd rank TITS above all of the Caribbean schools

Reactions: 6 users
I feel like if I post here, I will leave my own mark that will be preserved into the future. So here goes!

If you are reading this in 2016, you win. :D
I am reading this for the first time on November 3, 2016. I have found your time capsule post Sir or Ma'am.

Reactions: 2 users
Close friend got rejected by GTown recently which was his number one choice. It brought me back to this thread.

@Jalby , keep fighting the good fight.

Just read this whole thread.. Lol

Ha!! I got rejected by Georgetown pretty quickly this cycle, but I forgot about this thread until it got bumped.

So now I can contribute to the hate. Up yours Georgetown! :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
I never ended up sending a secondary to Georgetown when I saw the fee. :depressed:

Honestly, Gtown's admissions staff has been one of the best on the interview trail IMO.
Probably THE best. Who couldn't fall in love with Ms. Sullivan, the most captivating story teller ever, and Princess, the friendliest person you will ever meet?!

Meh. Haters gonna hate.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, Gtown's admissions staff has been one of the best on the interview trail IMO.
Probably THE best. Who couldn't fall in love with Ms. Sullivan, the most captivating story teller ever, and Princess, the friendliest person you will ever meet?!

Meh. Haters gonna hate.

Ms. Sullivan was super intense. I wish all of the presentations were like that, honest and upfront.

Ms. Sullivan was super intense. I wish all of the presentations were like that, honest and upfront.
Ms. Sullivan was actually running the admissions department when this post originally happened. She is the person who runs the system where everybody who is put on the waitlist (which is almost everybody) is then required to write a 3 paragraph essay about why GT is the greatest school ever. They do this to help out their stats.

Ms. Sullivan was actually running the admissions department when this post originally happened. She is the person who runs the system where everybody who is put on the waitlist (which is almost everybody) is then required to write a 3 paragraph essay about why GT is the greatest school ever. They do this to help out their stats.

Oh man, it's like 5 love letters now. She said to "spread them out" after we're waitlisted. That part of the speech was a bit ridiculous.

This whole process seems to breed nerutocism on both sides of the table.

I got rejected by Georgetown.

Therefore, I can indeed confirm that Georgetown has the worst admissions staff in the country, although it's tied with all the other schools that rejected me.

Reactions: 15 users
That's what she said. Kind of degrading one would think.
So spending their ridiculous app fee, writing secondaries tailored to them, and spending all the time and money to make it there for an interview doesn't demonstrate enough interest? Anyone can write a stupid letter of intent. I would think the action of traveling across the country would speak a lot more to them than some words you can type out and email.

Why does GTown think their God's gift to med school applicants? What's their appeal?

Why does GTown think their God's gift to med school applicants? What's their appeal?
You'd think applicants would be more likely to be put off by that type of attitude, ESPECIALLY if they are holding multiple acceptances to other similar schools.

You'd think applicants would be more likely to be put off by that type of attitude, ESPECIALLY if they are holding multiple acceptances to other similar schools.
I definitely would be. I didn't apply there, and after hearing some of this about them I'm glad I didn't.

I saw this thread literally the day after I submitted my secondary to GT. Slogging through it was an adventure for sure and I've never regretted spending $135 more in my career

Last edited:
Just read every post on this thread. My thoughts:
Leave NickNaylor alone
Leave Jalby alone
Continue criticizing GT

Reactions: 5 users
Honestly, Georgetown is way too pretentious for what it is - a low-tier MD school that's on par with a few DO schools.

Mean Science GPA: 3.57
Mean MCAT: 30.9

What a joke. There is no reason why they should be this pretentious.

To me, Georgetown is like an average-looking girl that thinks they're super hot. Total turnoff.

Reactions: 21 users
I laughed way too hard reading this. Georgetown really should at least refund half their ridiculous secondary fee with each rejection.
If they do drinks are on me.

Honestly, Georgetown is way too pretentious for what it is - a low-tier MD school that's on par with a few DO schools.

To me, Georgetown is like an average-looking girl that thinks they're super hot. Total turnoff.

Must be going to her head that all these dudes are after her just because she lives in a huge house (i.e. is located in D.C.)

You ever been to Georgetown? The university and the entire part of town are pretty pretentious lol. They won't even let the city expand the metro there cuz they don't want poor people hanging around Georgetown, so you can only get around using the bus in that area.

That's why when I visited Georgetown and stumbled on an alumni weekend I snuck in, took their free food, and helped myself to all of the events/tours going on. I had a backstory in my head if anyone asked me if I was an alumni and everything (my 'friend' Lance had just graduated...). Because solidarity with @Jalby, **** Gtown

Reactions: 7 users
You ever been to Georgetown? The university and the entire part of town are pretty pretentious lol. They won't even let the city expand the metro there cuz they don't want poor people hanging around Georgetown, so you can only get around using the bus in that area.

That's why when I visited Georgetown and stumbled on an alumni weekend I snuck in, took their free food, and helped myself to all of the events/tours going on. I had a backstory in my head if anyone asked me if I was an alumni and everything (my 'friend' Lance had just graduated...). Because solidarity with @Jalby, **** Gtown

Sounds almost like Manhattan's upper east side.

When their Director of Admissions told me I was rejected because I didn't send in a letter asking for the date change, his exact words were:
"We are Georgetown University. There are thousands of people who would love to be here instead of you." The second sentance is paraphrasing because I was so angry I don't remember the exact words, but he was saying I was just one of thousands of people.

After reading wanderingorions post that Mrs. Sullivan still gives speeches and they still run their admissions the exact same way (Need to write 5 letters of intent to get in) I don't feel sorry about this post lasting 15 years. They are completely abusing the system, IMHO.

Do I tell everybody, if you get an interview in Georgetown right now, lie and write your five letters. Get that locked in admission early. Then when you have it, drop the schools you find lower. You have security. and then when you get into a better school, drop Georgetown. There is no downside to this. If for some reason Mrs. Sullivan calls you, tell her that your significant other wants the other school.

After reading wanderingorions post that Mrs. Sullivan still gives speeches and they still run their admissions the exact same way (Need to write 5 letters of intent to get in) I don't feel sorry about this post lasting 15 years. They are completely abusing the system, IMHO.
PREACH

What's the likelihood that any of "those people" are still working there ten years later?
Ms. Sullivan is still there 16 years later. So kind of high.

@Jalby is a savage. I'm gonna help bump this thread before 2017-2018 cycle

GT sent out a survey asking about reasons for not completing the secondary application(2 pg essay on why GT is the best).
My response: "Jalby"

Read this thread in its entirety and it's my new favorite

Reactions: 10 users
GT sent out a survey asking about reasons for not completing the secondary application(2 pg essay on why GT is the best).

Read this thread in its entirety and it's my new favorite
I would like to start a motion to replace "trolling" with "Jalbying" in the context of Georgetown

DM me your address so I can send you a MLK day present.

Reactions: 11 users
Its amazing to think that the people who posted in the early days of this thread are now doctors and real humans.

This thread should be a warning to all schools that the internet NEVER forgets.

When their Director of Admissions told me I was rejected because I didn't send in a letter asking for the date change, his exact words were:
"We are Georgetown University. There are thousands of people who would love to be here instead of you." The second sentance is paraphrasing because I was so angry I don't remember the exact words, but he was saying I was just one of thousands of people.

Do I tell everybody, if you get an interview in Georgetown right now, lie and write your five letters. Get that locked in admission early. Then when you have it, drop the schools you find lower. You have security. and then when you get into a better school, drop Georgetown. There is no downside to this. If for some reason Mrs. Sullivan calls you, tell her that your significant other wants the other school.
Got my waitlist email on 1/9. What a surprise. I'm wondering if my knees can take writing all these essays.

Its amazing to think that the people who posted in the early days of this thread are now doctors and real humans.

This thread should be a warning to all schools that the internet NEVER forgets.

maybe they'll finally see how their ways can be damaging their school's image, and also change for the better

Got my waitlist email on 1/9. What a surprise. I'm wondering if my knees can take writing all these essays.

Start writing your letters of intent. Then once you get your acceptance, drop the schools below. Then once you get into a better school, go there. If Georgetown screws with the system by only accepting people who write letters of intent, the system should also screw with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.