Worse case scenario...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golgi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question...just say for some horrible reason you go unmatched on Jan 20/21 --- how would the scramble work? Do you have to sit near a fax machine on jan 20/21 or is the scramble for ophtho later on? Just curious.

Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

In theory, you would have the SF Match send the open program a copy of your application. I say "in theory" because there weren't any open spots last year, and there likely will not be open spots this year. The spots that appeared to be open in the south on the NRMP weren't really open--it was just the way that their intern spots had to be listed.

Good luck with the match!

Gottschalk said:
In theory, you would have the SF Match send the open program a copy of your application. I say "in theory" because there weren't any open spots last year, and there likely will not be open spots this year. The spots that appeared to be open in the south on the NRMP weren't really open--it was just the way that their intern spots had to be listed.

Good luck with the match!

Actually, there was at least ONE spot in NYC open last year, and an applicant in my school scrambled in it.