Worrying About Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erdoc123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have received 2 interviews so far. Should I be getting worried?
I heard the a lot of programs wait till Nov 1st to send out interviews. Is that true?

Members don't see this ad.

It seems there are a lot of variables that play into your question. I think you are right in the fact that many programs wait until after Nov. 1st before giving out interviews. In fact, I received a letter from one program that stated that the NRMP requests programs not to give out invites before Nov 1st. So some programs may stick to the rules. Also, how many programs have you applied? Is your application complete? I would not be too concerned at this point, as it is fairly early in the game still.

I agree that many programs will likely be sending out invites after the 1st and the release of dean's letters.

Have you looked at the interview thread? Are most of your programs on the list where other students have invites or are they missing from the list?

IF you are concerned, you can always add more programs within the deadlines.

Members don't see this ad :)
i got interviews through december last year, and i think even a couple in january too. take a deep breath ... : )

I wish ERAS would add sound to the main page... perhaps crickets chirping. Starting to get a little worried here.