World Starting Time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiringmd1015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When should Uworld be started, right now I'm going through kaplan q bank, and i plan to take the exam within 3 months. Should i start at the 2 month period? bc right now I'm using kaplan q bank system base wise, that way I'm testing whatever I'm readying, and by the time i finish all the systems ill have tested everything, and then during my next read of everything i can start world randomized and not having to worry about things i haven't read, how does this sound? How long does it take to do uworld with annotations? any other advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Whatever you do, just make sure you can get through UWorld and then review your annotations as well. It took me 4 months to go through UWorld and annotate, but I was still doing classes, studying for finals, etc. on the side. I could probably do it in half the time or quicker if it was all I was doing. I then spent my 3.5 week dedicated time period reviewing annotations.

If you have 3 months of dedicated time, I would stick to UWorld + reviewing annotations in FA for the remainder of the time. That's the key, gold standard stuff you want to get through. Even after you're done with that, I would go through NBME's before you go back to Kaplan. It's good to go through other resources to get a base before you go into UWorld, but remember above all else to be sure you thoroughly cover the gold standard stuff.