World Conference on Lung Cancer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raygun77

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wanted to ask anyone knowledgeable on the 'weight' behind annual scientific meetings/symposiums, or who have been to a few. Late next year the World Conference on Lung Cancer (WCLC) is in my country (Sydney, Australia- nice place!), and I'm using that as a significant impetus to get on board some promising clinical research in the view of presenting then.

I usually can get a gauge of the 'impact factor' of an ASM based on the impact of it's affiliated journal- e.g. (perhaps im wrong) but the ASTRO meeting > ESTRO meeting > various other national meetings. But i'm not sure how to interpret conferences without a journal as there are just so many groups nowadays.

I know it's not an apples to apples comparison, but can anyone compare the weight at presenting at the WCLC as opposed to say, ASTRO? or the ASCO meeting? Would this be the premier venue for all lung cancer research, or do the latter options (especially ASCO) present better options given the research is good enough. I must say i do like the multidisc. focus on just lung cancer the WCLC does apply.

And has anyone been to past WCLCs? I believe the last was in Amsterdam.

Cheers for your help!
Ray

Members don't see this ad.