Working in Ireland & UK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

g12321

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since the threads about this topic were outdated and since there has been so many changes taking place with the health care in these two countries, I wanted to get a more recent idea about working in Ireland & UK.
Hopefully members will help me with answers to my questions.

1.I am an IMG and am interested to work in UK, I also don't have a EU passport. What are the procedures I am expected to follow? I just graduated from medical school.
2. If I studied in the top university abroad but the medium of teaching wasn't English but I do have A Levels(distinction) in English, what are the exams which will be appropriate for me to prove that I am familiar to medicine in English medium too.
3. What are the recent drawbacks for IMG applying to these two countries?

I will be extremely grateful if I could get some help with these questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Since the threads about this topic were outdated and since there has been so many changes taking place with the health care in these two countries, I wanted to get a more recent idea about working in Ireland & UK.
Hopefully members will help me with answers to my questions.

1.I am an IMG and am interested to work in UK, I also don't have a EU passport. What are the procedures I am expected to follow? I just graduated from medical school.
2. If I studied in the top university abroad but the medium of teaching wasn't English but I do have A Levels(distinction) in English, what are the exams which will be appropriate for me to prove that I am familiar to medicine in English medium too.
3. What are the recent drawbacks for IMG applying to these two countries?

I will be extremely grateful if I could get some help with these questions.

As someone without an EU passport you essentially can't get a UK job at your level. You will be considered only after all those applicants from the EU and at the moment the UK produces more graduates than it has jobs for. People drop out of the process so it may be that there are 1 or 2 jobs but it literally will be 1 or 2 and they will be the ones no one wanted.