Working in Iran

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

olafo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I might be opening a can of worms here, but hey...

This Persian girl I met raved about dentistry in Iran, said work was plentiful and life was good... I have to admit, as a somewhat adventurous and free young man, it does tickle my fancy. There are rumours of a great, liberal-minded subculture hidden away from the ayatollahs.

Does anyone know if being a dentist qualifies as a sufficiently desired skill for getting a work permit in Iran?

Are the salaries good enough to get by for a period (say 6 months to a year)?

Thanks for any replies, and yeah.. I am serious:D

Members don't see this ad.

I might be opening a can of worms here, but hey...

This Persian girl I met raved about dentistry in Iran, said work was plentiful and life was good... I have to admit, as a somewhat adventurous and free young man, it does tickle my fancy. There are rumours of a great, liberal-minded subculture hidden away from the ayatollahs.

Does anyone know if being a dentist qualifies as a sufficiently desired skill for getting a work permit in Iran?

Are the salaries good enough to get by for a period (say 6 months to a year)?

Thanks for any replies, and yeah.. I am serious:D

Am not sure about the work permit but doubt it would be difficult to obtain..(assuming you are licensed )
If you did end up going there ..TEHRAN is your best bet ..you need a clinic to work at...it can be v expensive to get one

It's probably not a good choice for you if you considering going back with the money you earned in Iran ( well, unless you are minted and don't care about the money)
I only say that cause the currency rate is awful at the moment