Working for a loan forgiveness program vs on your own

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Newptstudent88

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a question for those who have graduated DPT program with a significant debt (100k plus). I wanted to get your opinions on whether you think it's smarter from a financial perspective to work for a program that pays less with less autonomy, but will pay back your student loans or even have a pension plan ( such as military) or working in a field that you make more money in such as and, travel pt, etc. Which is the fastest way to get rid of debt and save for retirement?

Members don't see this ad.

I had a question for those who have graduated DPT program with a significant debt (100k plus). I wanted to get your opinions on whether you think it's smarter from a financial perspective to work for a program that pays less with less autonomy, but will pay back your student loans or even have a pension plan ( such as military) or working in a field that you make more money in such as and, travel pt, etc. Which is the fastest way to get rid of debt and save for retirement?

The fastest way to get rid of debt is to get the highest-paying job you can, work extra on the weekends, and pay it off as soon as possible.