Working, Avoiding Glide Year, Retaking Classes - please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sumanya

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
An issue that I'm dealing with is working part-time, in addition to engaging in clinical and volunteer experience. What are everyone's recommendations when it comes to this? I would like to work part-time to have some pocket money (esp. since my parents are currently supporting me), take 2 sciences per semester, plus volunteer work. However, I am also keen on avoiding the glide year and would like to finish in a year and a summer.

Another complication - I have a B and a C for 2 semesters of advanced biology from my undergrad years. Should I retake bio? If I do, I may not be able to avoid the glide year. If I don't, I can....please help.

Members don't see this ad.

what type of postbac are you doing specifically? a little bit more information might help us suggest what you should do next year, specifically about retaking classes and whatnot

braluk said:
what type of postbac are you doing specifically? a little bit more information might help us suggest what you should do next year, specifically about retaking classes and whatnot

I will either go to the CUNY-HUnter program or do it myself at CUNY-Queens College. As I mentioned, I took Bio and the math requirements (although I didn't do too hot) in my undergrad and am hoping to double up on chem/phys this year and then take orgo over the summer. i would like to work part-time b/c i do have some major financial considerations, and also, I'm the type of person who needs a routine/schedule/structure to stay focused - don't want too much extra time on my hands! Ideally, I would like to combine paid work into some sort of clinical experience. Hope this makes my situation a little bit clearer for you - thanks for trying to help.