Working as a tech and doing observation hours. Thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

millionaireclub

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am about to start working as PT tech. However, this is only at an outpatient clinic.
I do have observation hours at inpatient facilities, outpatient facilities including an outpatient pediatric setting.

The thing is I would like to get more hours whilst I'm going to school and working as the
tech.

Has anyone done this before?

I would like to have as many hours as possible in and as many settings.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Millionaireclub. What exactly is your question? Are you asking if anyone has worked as a tech while in school? I have done that and Im assuming there are plenty of others that have as well.

no no I meant get observation hours at a different place while employed in at one clinic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I've done something like that actually. I work as a PT tech and I shadowed some physical therapist at inpatient settings/outpatient settings.

no no I meant get observation hours at a different place while employed in at one clinic.

Yes I did this prior to being accepted into a DPT program. In fact, I had worked as a PT Tech for almost 4 years while in undergrad (OP ortho) and HAD to find other settings to observe (while also working as a tech) in order to have a well rounded application.