Working along with doctors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

janeno

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The questions is for the current residents and practicing pharmacists: How difficult/easy is it to work with doctors?

I have heard from several people that it is hard to work with doctors especially in the beginning of the residency. The biggest complaint is that they don't even trust you to make pharmacy judgments. So is this true, and if yes, how do you deal with a such situation?

Moreover, I am currently a pharmacy student, and I have been involved in a few interdisciplinary committees. In all of them, it seemed that med students are always trying to take over the power and control the flow of things. I am just wondering if this also transfers to the work environment.

Members don't see this ad.

as a pharmacy student I am a little scared at how quickly MDs take my advice.

The questions is for the current residents and practicing pharmacists: How difficult/easy is it to work with doctors?

I have heard from several people that it is hard to work with doctors especially in the beginning of the residency. The biggest complaint is that they don't even trust you to make pharmacy judgments. So is this true, and if yes, how do you deal with a such situation?

Yes this is true, and I dont trust most pharmacy students graduating to dispense colace accurately for at least 6 months. Even after doing a residency it may take time to earn the trust of physcians unless they have worked with a pharmacist before.

Moreover, I am currently a pharmacy student, and I have been involved in a few interdisciplinary committees. In all of them, it seemed that med students are always trying to take over the power and control the flow of things. I am just wondering if this also transfers to the work environment.

Med students and residents have to kiss ***** all day. It is part of their jobs during medical training. You should be doing the same thing.